PDA

View Full Version : Mindees not getting on...

fionamadcat
03-05-2013, 01:39 PM
How do you deal with this?

I have 2 little girls 1 just turned 2 and the other 3 next month, both quite strong willed but in other ways very different characters! I have been looking after them both since they were little. When the younger girl, A started when she was 8 months the older K seemed to resent that she was no longer the baby but at that point they were only together for 1 morning a week which made it kind of bearable. I now have them both at least 3 days a week and after a while of seeming to get on ok they now don't!! A is getting better and better at talking and this has led to daily arguements about what I am called which would go on for hours if I didn't intervene. They fight over toys, they snatch from each other, shout at each other etc etc, all I seem to do is referee! I can't leave them in a room together even to go to the toilet without hearing screaming. I can't even say which 1 starts it more often as it can be either of them, I've started taking 1 of them with me most of the time. They are both absolute angels on their own, although A can be a madam and a bit the same with her older brother who I look after too. Any ideas???

sarah707
03-05-2013, 04:03 PM
Lots of sharing and turn taking activities... model 'please' and 'thank you' ... divide and conquer works well with siblings so it might with your 2...

Ignore the verbal arguing and let them carry on it's less important than the physical. Focus on stopping the fisticuffs first!!

Using the same words over and over often works well and quite quickly - we are gentle, we wait, we are kind to our friends etc.

Hope this helps. Hugs xx

kp0781
03-05-2013, 09:18 PM
What's divide and conquer? My dd 31/2 and mindee same age have similar issues. They are great ons minute and then scraping the next. I've had mindee for just over 2 years with a break for mat leave. She is in full time care and comes to me for 24 hours a week but they both go to the same pre school too. It can be really stressful!