PDA

View Full Version : Having not lived in the UK for 5years, CRB NOT SUFFICIENT WHAT ELSE IS NEEDED

coxeypea
02-05-2013, 07:27 PM
Hi I just spoke to Ofsted today and as I have not lived in the UK for over the past 5 years (this time) I have to get a criminal record clearance from the Republic of Ireland as that is where I was living previously.Can anyone assist me how I go about doing this.I contacted the IRISH Embassey today & I am awaiting a response.My application seems to be going on forever & I am so close to throwing in the towel as I have all my courses done etc.No one notified me I needed this I have went back read the info sent to me and cannot see this anywhere.Oh I am whinging:mad: Please any help or guidance would be appreciated:)

sarah707
02-05-2013, 07:46 PM
Go back to ofsted and ask again for support to get the right forms submitted.

Good luck x

MaffAnna
02-05-2013, 07:54 PM
This happened to my DH when I registered. He had to apply to the county Garda (Thurles, Co. Tipp) in his case. They sent him the appropriate form, did their searches etc and wrote back saying he was unknown to them etc. They don't do crb's in Ireland, so the letter just said they had no knowledge of him!!! It only took a couple of weeks in total and wasn't the headache I imagined it would be. Don't worry, it'll be sorted in no time x

moggy
02-05-2013, 07:59 PM
This happened to me. I had to apply for the equivalent of a CRB from my previous country of residence. You need this if you have been resident for less than 5 years in UK, and it came as a surprise to me too- they do not communicate it clearly but then I guess it is an unusual situation.

You are doing the right thing talking to the embassy, get the contact details of the CRB organisation in Ireland, you may even be able to do it online directly. Make sure you have details of all your addresses and dates at each address in Ireland as you will most likely need that for the application.

At least you can do it all in English- I had to tackle it in a foreign language!

I'd advise just keeping Ofsted informed- once you find the exact name of the Irish CRB then tell Ofsted, check they agree, get it in writing that they will accept it. It might not cause much delay, just depends how efficient the Irish system is! Mine was not delayed because of it. Look at the big picture, an extra few weeks is not the end of the world.

Wiggle Wiggle
03-05-2013, 12:41 PM
Hello,

I have experience and I have the information to aid you on your quest! The Irish police force - An Garda Siochana - do not have a CRB check in place like in the UK. You will receive an equivalent that is accepted by Ofsted. You need to contact the Garda Vetting Unit. Please see contact details below and web link:

You can contact the Garda Vetting Unit at:-

Garda Central Vetting Unit/Garda Criminal Records Office
Racecourse Road
Thurles
Co. Tipperary

Tel: +353 504 27300

Garda Vetting Unit - An Garda Síochána - Ireland's National Police Service (http://www.garda.ie/controller.aspx?Page=1548)

You can download the form from the website and fill it up and return it. There is a small charge and do not forget to attach your ID as stated on the form or else this will delay your application as they will return everything to you until a copy is attached.

Please note this process can take up to 8 weeks to process. However, be prepared to chase and it can arrive sooner. I rang every week, on the same day and same hour and persisted and got it returned within 3 weeks!!

I hope this helps and if you require any further information on this just let me know.

Good Luck!:)

jackie 7
03-05-2013, 06:27 PM
I hope they don't do it in Irish. Ofsted would not be able to translate it.

Wiggle Wiggle
03-05-2013, 06:44 PM
No all in the English Language! So not to worry.