PDA

View Full Version : Milk

step11
02-05-2013, 06:58 PM
Can I just add the milk to my accounts as I buy the milk? Iv heard to many companies are not supplying to childminders so I don't want the hassle. I currently only have one mindee who drink milk.

Thanks

Mia73
02-05-2013, 07:11 PM
I am doing exactly the same...

step11
02-05-2013, 07:38 PM
Lovely makes sense. Thanks

moggy
02-05-2013, 08:08 PM
Adding it to your accounts as an expenditure does not get you a refund, it just goes towards reducing your tax bill (and unless you earn over the income tax limit it won't help you at all).

By claiming the total cost of the milk, 1/3 of a pint per child per day (even if they don't drink it!) you get the whole cost back. It is easy to do direct with Nursery Milk Nursery Milk (http://www.nurserymilk.co.uk), the government dept who deal with it. I do a claim monthly online and they refund the full cost to my bank account within days. I buy full-fat British organic from my local milkman, which helps keep the invoice separate to family milk, and is also all managed online. So no paper work at all.

charlottenash
02-05-2013, 08:16 PM
That's really helpful thanks!

george
02-05-2013, 08:23 PM
Hi can i ask you moggy how much you get per pint as it wont accept the price i pay, they said they are getting back to me but its taking ages so would appreciate knowing how much per pint you claim for? Thankyou

step11
02-05-2013, 08:43 PM
Thanks moggy really appreciated

Mia73
03-05-2013, 08:27 AM
Thanks, that is really helpful! I did not know that...

jackie 7
03-05-2013, 11:22 AM
I heard that ET was going to stop all nursery milk as part of more childcare rubbish.

moggy
03-05-2013, 07:35 PM
Hi can i ask you moggy how much you get per pint as it wont accept the price i pay, they said they are getting back to me but its taking ages so would appreciate knowing how much per pint you claim for? Thankyou

85p a pint- British organic full-fat from the milkman in a proper glass bottle.

They did query it the first time but I emailed a pdf of the milkman's invoice to prove the price, and they were happy and pay up automatically every time now. I have found Nursery Milk to be very prompt so I would call them if you are waiting around still.

george
04-05-2013, 07:41 AM
Thanks moggy, I feel better knowing that as ours is 0.82 per pint, the lady said she is dealing with it but its been abt couple weeks now and I have rang since however I think i will ring again prob weds as a quieter day lol and say that i can email them the invoices as they are tgh milk and more milkman, thankyou :)

Mouse
04-05-2013, 12:15 PM
I switched to individual cartons through Milk & More, so the price per pint was quite high. It was flagged up when I did an online claim and I had an email asking for invoices. I phoned them up & they said rather than sending all the invoices (I was claiming for about 6mths & had weekly invoices), I just had to send the latest invoice showing the price. It was all sorted out within a week.

I've now switched back to big cartons as I have younger children who don't use the individual cartons, so my claim has gone right down again.

george
04-05-2013, 12:49 PM
Thanks mouse, yes its the individual cartons i use as they suit the children i have at the moment, ill def ring them on weds and its no problem sending them the invoices with them been online tgh milk and more but at least i know it should be sorted out soon, thankyou :)

rickysmiths
04-05-2013, 12:56 PM
I have always added milk into my food expenses because I have never bothered to claim for it. It always looked so complicated I could never be bothered for such a small amount of money each week.

Mouse
04-05-2013, 01:18 PM
I have always added milk into my food expenses because I have never bothered to claim for it. It always looked so complicated I could never be bothered for such a small amount of money each week.

It's really so easy to claim it online. I only claim every 6 months or so. It's a nice little amount to get back.

Twinkling Stars
04-05-2013, 01:31 PM
Good advice :-)

moggy
04-05-2013, 01:34 PM
It's really so easy to claim it online. I only claim every 6 months or so. It's a nice little amount to get back.

All depends on how many little ones you have, but for me it is £120 a year, for 2 mins a month's work online to fill in the form.

george
04-05-2013, 01:35 PM

I always thought that but the little cartons with straws from milk and more are great and even pop in a cool bag easy for days out, the children love them and I find them that wont normally drink milk suddenly will with these :)