PDA

View Full Version : The continuing buggy saga....

SammySplodger
02-05-2013, 04:27 PM
My DH thinks I'm developing a 'problem' with double buggies... :-) I keep buying different ones (second hand / bargains), using them for several weeks and then getting annoyed with them and selling them on again...

Is anyone else like this?!
Please tell me this is normal for CMs...

I still haven't found the perfect solution and it's starting to feel a bit like a 'quest'!

Here goes:

Phil & Teds E3 - great to push up hills and over uneven ground, ok for child in front, rubbish for child in back (not enough room, not comfy for sleeping, bad height in terms of cars/dogs/busy pavement). Sold for same price bought for.

Jane Powertwin Pro - comfy for both passengers if one in front doesn't need to sleep, but an absolute pain to push up hills or over uneven ground, very 'tippy' and veers to the right, rubbish on a camber (falls over!). Currently selling.

Mountain Buggy Urban double - brilliant for hills and all terrains, fits most standard doorways and goes on bus (with practice) BUT does not fit through my front door :-( Currently selling.

Most recent purchase: Pedigree Easylife Sport double/triple (third seat like a bike seat is removable). Almost exactly like the Mountain Buggy, folds smaller and a trickier fold (although I might master the knack!). Will probably keep it if I can't source an affordable ABC (see below), as I will have three non walkers in September.

I currently am eyeing up these two options (to be part funded by sale of two of the above):

Newer Mountain Buggy double - the Duet - narrowest side by side double on the market at only 63cm wide. Resale value looks really good.

ABC single with additional top and front seats, so a single, double or triple. Currently watching them on eBay - but have had a quote from Phil Green to import from New Zealand (expensive but worth it????).

Has anyone else gone through a similar process?
What did you settle on in the end?

suziealderton
02-05-2013, 04:36 PM
i was a nightmare with prams with my own children. i have been childminding about a month and im on my second pram already!

In my defence i love the second pram now so try not to look at second hand ones now-its a tricky habbit to break!

my first pram as a cminder was a phil and ted sport. HATE IT!

My new wheels are the joovy caboose-got hold of one for 50 pounds and i love love it!

AliceK
02-05-2013, 04:41 PM
Oh yes, I remember those days well. My OH used to despair of me. The thing is you don't know how a buggy will work for you as a childminder until you've actually tried it in the job. At one point I had so many in the garage that I had bought, tried and then hated. I eventually sold them all when I discovered the Nipper 360 Double. I LOVE it. I now only have that one and a single City mini which admittedly I don't really like but it folds up great for the car and I don't use it that much as I usually have the 2 LO's. I sometimes use my double Nipper with only one child in as well.

xxxx

SammySplodger
02-05-2013, 04:44 PM
i was a nightmare with prams with my own children. i have been childminding about a month and im on my second pram already!

In my defence i love the second pram now so try not to look at second hand ones now-its a tricky habbit to break!

my first pram as a cminder was a phil and ted sport. HATE IT!

My new wheels are the joovy caboose-got hold of one for 50 pounds and i love love it!

I looked at the Joovy Big Caboose - but have a very steep cobbled hill to climb twice daily, so didnt as not convinced it woould work. I have two major issues to overcome:
1) Narrow front door
2) Very uneven, hilly terrain where I live
Thing is, you can only find out by test driving with babies, which isnt always possible...

SammySplodger
02-05-2013, 04:47 PM
Oh yes, I remember those days well. My OH used to despair of me. The thing is you don't know how a buggy will work for you as a childminder until you've actually tried it in the job. At one point I had so many in the garage that I had bought, tried and then hated. I eventually sold them all when I discovered the Nipper 360 Double. I LOVE it. I now only have that one and a single City mini which admittedly I don't really like but it folds up great for the car and I don't use it that much as I usually have the 2 LO's. I sometimes use my double Nipper with only one child in as well.

xxxx

Yes - have pushed a double nipper with my sisters twins in - fab and very similar to Mountain Buggy and also does not fit through door sadly.

Louise_Oaktree
02-05-2013, 04:55 PM
I have had a few and have settled for the one I have now as I think its the best I am going to get! I have the britax b-dual which I really like for stability and compactness. Also it takes a car seat and both seats recline flat if needed. Can also be used as a single. Its lighter than my phil and teds too.

jellyelly
02-05-2013, 05:41 PM
I am going to watch this thread with interest as I am currently looking for a new pushchair, much to my husband's disgrace!! I'm looking for a tandem that has room for both children and lots of bags! At the moment I have a horrid graco thing that is pur torture to push but was necessary back in September when I had 3 children under 2 and needed a pushchair I could attach a buggy board to. Most of my mindees are walking and want to walk so I need a pushchair that will be a single/double (like a Phil and teds but with more bag room, as mentioned before!).

MagdalenaS
02-05-2013, 05:46 PM
Hi I currently have Mountain buggy double. I love it, its much easer to push than Phil&Teds.

From July I will need triple buggy. I would love to buy ABC buggy but ... can not afford it.

I was wondering if anyone tried to attach toddler seat (ABC buggy) to Mountain Buggy. Those two buggies look very similar to me.

It could safe some money.

vickie-marieo
02-05-2013, 05:48 PM
I have the ABC adventure buggy (gumtree special). It's fab I have the single buggy, and then a single seat, and double that can make it a triple. It's really easy to push with the three lo's in it. However I am 5' 4" and it does take a few tip toe moments to see over the top when the double seat is on top! Fits through the doorway etc, and easy to push - the wheels are massive. the only thing I haven't managed to pull off well is getting it in the car - I have a Honda FRV so a six seater with a pretty gracious boot but it's a bit tricky when folded up ):
But on a huge positive it is very versatile and all the accessories i.e. rain cover and sun screens are great! good luck in your decision making (:

mrs robbie williams
02-05-2013, 05:49 PM
Nipper 360 all the way xx

vickie-marieo
02-05-2013, 05:50 PM
Hi I currently have Mountain buggy double. I love it, its much easer to push than Phil&Teds.

From July I will need triple buggy. I would love to buy ABC buggy but ... can not afford it.

I was wondering if anyone tried to attach toddler seat (ABC buggy) to Mountain Buggy. Those two buggies look very similar to me.

It could safe some money.

Unfortunately I've never seen the Mountain Buggy - but the toddler seat has two 'pop' buttons to get it on and off the buggy.....

funemnx
02-05-2013, 05:54 PM
I have to admit to a garage full of buggy's - most have been given by family/friends. Left in the car I have umbrella single and side by side double (cheap, no rain covers). For the school run I have a Mamas & Papas single and a double(obaby but the back seat is low to the ground and I don't really like it). My best one for school run is a Graco Satdium Duo but need a new one. Luckily, they sell new for about £120.

Tiny Trees
02-05-2013, 06:08 PM
I have had a few and have settled for the one I have now as I think its the best I am going to get! I have the britax b-dual which I really like for stability and compactness. Also it takes a car seat and both seats recline flat if needed. Can also be used as a single. Its lighter than my phil and teds too.

We have this too and love it. We use it as above and also have the hard shell sleeper and a soft carry cot too. I have a single Maclaren (from free cycle) techno classic as well.

lauraring1
02-05-2013, 07:00 PM
I don't feel so bad after all knowing I'm not the only person that does this... I currently have a nipper 360 v2 double (currently selling) a phil and teds explorer (currently selling) and a single Maclaren (currently selling) have just brought an Abc double/triple which I needed due to 3 under 2.... Need some space back before hubby really gets the hump and moved out :0)

MrsP2C
02-05-2013, 07:07 PM
I don't feel so bad after all knowing I'm not the only person that does this... I currently have a nipper 360 v2 double (currently selling) a phil and teds explorer (currently selling) and a single Maclaren (currently selling) have just brought an Abc double/triple which I needed due to 3 under 2.... Need some space back before hubby really gets the hump and moved out :0)

I don't suppose ur in Kent are you?! I'm after a nipper 360....

clareelizabeth1
02-05-2013, 07:13 PM
My lo is 5 months old and is on his third buggy. The third one was given though so does that count. I have been through 6 in my three years childminding though. I think you have to as they get a lot of abuse. Oh and I get bored every 6 months and want another. As long as u don't buy new though.

lauraring1
02-05-2013, 07:15 PM
I don't suppose ur in Kent are you?! I'm after a nipper 360....

I'm probably not that far (depending on area of Kent) but I'm in Surrey...

natalieatk
02-05-2013, 07:35 PM
I have a garage full of car seats and buggys

My double is a baby jogger city mini !! Brilliant! Fits in my very small zafira boot with all seats up! Goes through front door! Perfect!

Also have a m&p Luna in pink and anther in black!! Perfect! Lays frat easy to push! Also goes I boot with 7 seats up! Have a 3 wheeler sine for the snow! And a small pink mothercare Jive for use in the house!

Had a maclaren double,silver cross double cosatto double! Mountain buggy double! All sold dos either wouldn't go on boot or front door!

suziealderton
02-05-2013, 07:49 PM
I looked at the Joovy Big Caboose - but have a very steep cobbled hill to climb twice daily, so didnt as not convinced it woould work. I have two major issues to overcome:
1) Narrow front door
2) Very uneven, hilly terrain where I live
Thing is, you can only find out by test driving with babies, which isnt always possible...

where abouts are you? just on the off chance you are near to me you could have a look at mine? im in w yorkshire x

ozzy10
02-05-2013, 08:39 PM
I pushchairs, carseats and buggy boards in the house, the shed, the car and some at my mums!

My new obsession since having my baby in July is wraps, slings and carriers luckily they don't take up as much room but having just bought number 12 maybe it's time to stop! I do use them all though!

loocyloo
02-05-2013, 08:56 PM
I do love buggies but after trial & error I have settled on my 4 ! Lol!

Maxi cosi speedi (like quinny) single 3 wheeler can have solid pram on or car seat.

Mothercare urban detour double 3 wheeler. Can have buggy board.

These are my 'walking round the village' buggies

Maclaren double umbrella (can't remember type now! Lies flat)

Chicco london (I think!) umbrella.

These are the buggies that go in the car.

I have tried others/borrowed friends & always eye up buggies when I am out, but the ones I use work for me!

sprinkles
02-05-2013, 09:25 PM
I do love buggies but after trial & error I have settled on my 4 ! Lol!

Maxi cosi speedi (like quinny) single 3 wheeler can have solid pram on or car seat.

Mothercare urban detour double 3 wheeler. Can have buggy board.

These are my 'walking round the village' buggies

Maclaren double umbrella (can't remember type now! Lies flat)

Chicco london (I think!) umbrella.

These are the buggies that go in the car.

I have tried others/borrowed friends & always eye up buggies when I am out, but the ones I use work for me!

I have the mothercare urban detour - good to know a buggy board goes on it!!

Sarsar3NCH
02-05-2013, 09:52 PM
I bought a Baby Jogger City Select a couple of weeks back (shop demo model) and I love it. I have always been a P&T fan but needed a double that could take a buggy board too and this does the trick brilliantly. Both seats recline fully, can face forwards or backwards or one forwards one back or be used as a single

littlemiss60561
02-05-2013, 10:27 PM
Lol my oh says we could open a buggy shop. I currently have 3 tandems and 2 singles . The tandems I am not happy with at all. One is borrowed and is going back ASAP. My findings so far, if it says lite then forget it.. I'm tempted to go back to side by side as although rubbish through a lot of doors , at least I can push them!

blue bear
03-05-2013, 06:53 AM
Hello my name is BlueBear and I am a buggy addict.

I currently have:
Phil and ted sport
Nipper 360 double
Mclaren triumph double
Britax Strolla single (lives in the boot
Mclaren elite (special need)
Elc single (really old and bulky still have in the loft for some reason)

I love my nipper 360 and am looking for a single. And then I am going to sell the others I promise. :D

watgem
03-05-2013, 06:55 AM
Sammy at least you get rid of yours I'm known as the buggy hoarder locally lol, and I feel buggies are like handbags and shoes, you need different ones for different occasins:laughing::laughing::laughing: I finally thought I'd found "the one" a p and t sports, but will soon be covering for a cm friend and will have an 8 month old and 2 year old so am thinking I may need to get something different? I did send 2 to the tip last week but still have 5 left lol

jackie 7
03-05-2013, 07:58 AM
I used to think my niece was crazy as she had so many. Now I have buggy envy. I have 4. A t 3 which I love a double a German make which I got as I was desperate and needed a cheap one. Wish I had a 360. And a boot sale maclaren which is light but a bit old. And got its replacement a kiddie care jet. Now the thing is it is still in its box! It too was a special offer. So glad I don't have a garage!! I live in a flat and the t3 is in the bike store. The double is hidden in a store cupboard in the main hall way.

sarahmc
03-05-2013, 08:48 AM
I'm so glad Im not the only one. Others laugh at my 'collection'
I have a triple obaby, a basic double, a Miamoda double (which I love) and 2 maclarens, 1 M&P Luna and 1 old Graco which everyone sleeps so well in. I have been offered a Quinny this week and got very excited. I also have a proper old style pram and my 23 year old daughters silver cross carrycot/ pram set.
I really do have an addiction!!
If I got treatment for this at least it would be tax deductable!!!

hectors house
03-05-2013, 08:51 AM
Just got my side by side double (can't remember make - nothing well known) down from loft as need buggy suitable from birth as started having my 9 week old grandson one day a week now - going to take it out on test drive later, but I remember how much I hate it - the swivel wheels come unlocked and when they all face different directions the buggy won't go. Also it is so hard to fold down and put back up again, one day I'm sure I won't be able to fold it back up again to get in the car!

SammySplodger
03-05-2013, 08:14 PM

Thanks for that - makes me feel a bit better :-)

SammySplodger
03-05-2013, 08:18 PM
where abouts are you? just on the off chance you are near to me you could have a look at mine? im in w yorkshire x

Sussex coast! But thanks for the offer!
:-)

Stapleton83
03-05-2013, 08:31 PM
Hello my name is BlueBear and I am a buggy addict.

I currently have:
Phil and ted sport
Nipper 360 double
Mclaren triumph double
Britax Strolla single (lives in the boot
Mclaren elite (special need)
Elc single (really old and bulky still have in the loft for some reason)

I love my nipper 360 and am looking for a single. And then I am going to sell the others I promise. :D

You did make me laugh, but when I said to my DH see I'm not as bad as you think (I have 3 but all originally bought for my two DDs) he said just because others have more doesn't mean you haven't got too many :laughing:

Sam x

SammySplodger
03-05-2013, 08:41 PM
I keep on telling myself it's a necessary process to go through and I'll finally settle on 2 or 3 for different days/combos of children.

I think my ultimate is probably the ABC... just a bit pricey and need to save up for it :-/

I don't drive, so it's probably my most important bit of 'kit'... We cover a lot of miles on foot.

suziealderton
08-05-2013, 10:10 AM
Sussex coast! But thanks for the offer!

A lovely part of the country-i used to work in Arundel x

SammySplodger
13-05-2013, 05:45 PM
Right, so I have made some progress with this.... sort of... For those that are interested in nerdy buggy details :-)

Jane Powertwin sold for a tiny bit more than paid for it and now shipped :-)

Mountain Buggy Urban Double looks likely to sell very soon - lots of watchers :-)

I am coming to the conclusion that if I have to fold and unfold the Pedigree Easylife Sport several times a day I will do my back in - sooooo heavy! Really awkward fold too :-( One day last week when it was sunny I went out to walk dog and both babies fell asleep :-/ So when I got home I sat outside in the street with them! Got a few strange looks (terraced house in busy town). It's a fabulous buggy IF you have a wide enough doorway or garage. But not working for me I'm afraid.... Next to go back on eBay I think!

Found a £50 Outlook Nipper Double, bought it on the offchance I could get it in the house.... well: no I couldn't, with wheels on that is... But I can with them OFF! :-) It appears to be simple to get them off, the buggy is stable enough on the ground without them and can do a 'wheelbarrow' to get them inside. Will give this a go this week!

But I am still coveting:

Mountain Buggy Duet
and/or
ABC double/triple combo on a single buggy base
Just haven't got the money for either at the moment :-(

hectors house
13-05-2013, 06:45 PM
I have just added to my double buggy collection - last week drove 30 miles each way to look at a Urban detour but it was huge, folded into the size of a coffee table and was so heavy I couldn't even lift it to see if it would even fit in the boot, then drove another 30 miles yesterday in the opposite direction after getting a Nipper out and about on e-bay for £50, haven't tried it yet as one lo on holiday this week. It does fit in boot and I can lift it in and out ok - just hope it performs ok with the mindees in it.

The chap who was selling it (clearing out his garage) said they had tried i-candy, phil & teds and the nipper (by which time oldest child had decided she wanted to walk)! Actually Sammy Splodger have you checked your garage, maybe your husband has sold all of yours :laughing:

primula
13-05-2013, 07:58 PM
So good to know I am not the only one that is constantly getting 'new' buggies!! really love the 360 but cant get it through the doors.. wouldnt it be great if we could test drive a few?! I tried the Jane poweretwin but it tips to the side and up a steepish kerb with two big toddlers in, its hard to control, waste of money really, the brake was damaged in transit!

cupcakencookie
13-05-2013, 08:07 PM
Ok here goes... last week I gave 3 to the scrap man and today got out my Bruin Zia and another little umbrella type pushchair and put them out for him. I've got a Ladybird tandem pushchair, great for fitting through doorways but a nightmare for getting up steps, turning corners and getting on and off the bus! Also another little umbrella pushchair in the cupboard. Have just traded in £15 of tesco vouchers in the big exchange and ordered a Hauck Turbo single pushchair for £37.47 reduced from £74.94 so only had to pay £7.47 cash for it! :clapping: Going to attach my Smorph buggypod that I got off Ebay to the side of it and see how that goes... hoping it'll be good as its only my ds age 3 who will go in it and it folds up out the way when not being used!
For the record just told dh got another pushchair and we're now sitting in stony silence!:laughing:

Katie1980
13-05-2013, 09:03 PM
Oh Dear I have a Quinny Buzz with all of the attachments, and an Urban Detour double that I am waiting for my grant to be released and I will pick it up. Don't like P&T as of the whole Ick factor if child on top is poorly or explosive.

hectors house
13-05-2013, 09:21 PM
I suppose they all have pros & cons depending of what you want to use them for - I did ask several other childminders what double buggies they have and mostly said Phil & Ted's but then I considered what they use them for - mostly school runs and shopping in town, mostly short trips on narrow pavements and then realised I wanted a double buggy for completely different reasons eg: going on long walks with dogs and kids on rough ground and decided against the phil and ted's as I want both children to have the same experiences and view - I don't do school runs and do most of my shopping on my day off. Will test drive my new nipper out & about on Wednesday when I have a 2 year old and my 11 week old grandson - may be back on e-bay by the weekend!:laughing:

SammySplodger
13-05-2013, 10:37 PM
Hector's House - wish I had a garage but sadly don't, collection is currently cluttering up my summerhouse and living room :-(
DH is tolerating the situation...

But I'm sort of getting there - next one to go on ebay is the Easylife. It took both if us to carry it downstairs this evening to store outside...

Am hoping the double Nipper will at the least be a good compromise while I save up for the Mountain Buggy Duet or ABC combo. If I sell the others it will help.

Loads of people rate the Nipper - can see why - so light and easy to fold. Just wish it was a few cm narrower.

SammySplodger
13-05-2013, 10:41 PM
Final thought / question this evening...

If Mountain Buggy Duets sell for £350 - £430 second hand 1-2 years old on eBay, but cost £519 brand new on eBay or Amazon, there really isn't much point in buying second hand, is there?

MessybutHappy
14-05-2013, 06:08 AM
Except the £200 you might save....!!!!

LauraS
14-05-2013, 06:16 AM
Except the £200 you might save....!!!!

What she said! You might only be ready to resell years from now.

Also, those are the current prices. If you buy new and MB bring out something new, the second hand price could end up being much less. Not only that, but to get a really good resale price you need to have the buggy in great condition. That's ok for someone using it to occasionally transport their own children a couple of days a week, but not so easy for us, using a buggy five days a week for potentially lots and lots of miles. I look after mine really well but it does about thirty to thirty five miles a week and some damage is inevitable.

SammySplodger
14-05-2013, 06:21 AM
Hmmmm you could be right but the ones I have seen are more like £100/£150 less than RRP and already do have some usage defects.

I hoped that I could buy second hand at a 1/3 or 1/2 of the RRP (normal for most other buggies).

jellyelly
14-05-2013, 06:53 AM
Well I have a dilemma! I am watching a britax b dual on eBay that's got 2 hours left and is £50 at the moment! But I've fallen in love with the baby jogger city select which is way out of my price range at the moment :( I don't know whether to save for the more expensive one or settle for the cheaper?? I am currently using a graco for 2 days a week and find it hard to push so only use it in the school run, on the other 2 days I use an old buggy which is useless over bummpy ground and I would like to start taking them out on longer walks! Has anybody got any advice on the two pushchairs I've mentioned or can recommend another? Xx

ajc
14-05-2013, 07:00 AM
Hi, don't know if this is any help but was looking at Nippers yesterday and they were advertising that the 2012 version is narrower, x

mama2three
14-05-2013, 07:13 AM
Hi, don't know if this is any help but was looking at Nippers yesterday and they were advertising that the 2012 version is narrower, x

The 'original' nipper was 72cm. Then they brought out the V2 , at 77cm wide! Theyve now got the 2012 V2 back to 72cm , so although they are advertising it as narrower its still the same width as the original. And still doesnt fit through the door!!!

Im still trying to decide whether the nipper ( which wont fit through the door but does fit in the boot) or the duet ( will fit through the door but wont fit in the boot) is the one for me! In the mean time Ill keep using my T3 as a double - which doesnt do either:laughing: but can go up to a triple when needed!!

ajc
14-05-2013, 07:18 AM
Ah didn't realise that. So hard deciding when they're such an investment!

hectors house
14-05-2013, 08:12 AM
The 'original' nipper was 72cm. Then they brought out the V2 , at 77cm wide! Theyve now got the 2012 V2 back to 72cm , so although they are advertising it as narrower its still the same width as the original. And still doesnt fit through the door!!!

Im still trying to decide whether the nipper ( which wont fit through the door but does fit in the boot) or the duet ( will fit through the door but wont fit in the boot) is the one for me! In the mean time Ill keep using my T3 as a double - which doesnt do either:laughing: but can go up to a triple when needed!!

Just measured mine it must be the V2 as it is 77 cm wide but I mostly want it for taking in car and doing long walks with mindees and dogs - so doesn't matter too much if it won't fit through front door! Next problem I have to solve is if the double buggy now takes up entire boot, where the :censored: are the 2 dogs going to go, up til now with my horrible umbrella fold double buggy or really old marco tandem I could put buggy in front seat but can't see this nipper fitting anywhere but the boot - which means I have to re-write my policy and have dogs in front footwell with mindees in the back :panic: Dogs are really good and will stay on floor but sometimes on way back from a walk we may stop to pop into a shop, then the dogs will get on front seats:angry: I really should have bought a 7 or 8 seater when I swapped my car in November - OH is going to kill me!

ziggy
14-05-2013, 08:28 AM
I borrowed a jane twin, hated it, so unstable

Had a graco tandem, which was ok for walks to park but hard work with heavy toddler in front seat, didnt fit very well in boot of my peugeot 206!

Bought second hand (like new) maclaren triumph, love it, fits in boot, lies almost flat for sleeping toddlers or babies, doesnt fit in some shop door ways but then i rarely go shopping with mindees, so no great problem

Keep thinking i would like a P&T but they're bit pricey

SammySplodger
14-05-2013, 09:18 AM
Think my £50 Nipper must be an original - 72 cm wide (door is 71 :-/) but I'm chuffed about the wheels popping off so easily... will test this theory tomorrow. Even if it doesn't work, soooo much lighter and easier to fold than my others.

Also absolutely hated the Jane - felt very wobbly and unstable, was scared to use it. OK on the flat though.

Found P&T dreadful for the passenger 'below' on a number of levels: bad for sleeping, too low & near feet/shopping bags of passers by/dogs/car exhausts etc... Hadn't even thought about vomit from child above... Ew!

Still mulling over the Mountain Buggy new/second hand issue below. When I buy second hand at 1/3-1/2 price I expect some defects and don't worry too much about lack of recourse afterwards. But if I paid £350-£400 and it went wrong with no recourse I'd be gutted. At least if I find the extra money there is some form of guarantee.

All my other buggies have been second hand at £25 - £200 and I have either got decent use out if them and passed them
on or sold them.

Wondering if it's time to actually buy a new one that works... which will be a first.

SammySplodger
14-05-2013, 09:20 AM
Think we should have a sideline in buggy testing & market research

watgem
14-05-2013, 12:01 PM
I llove this post lol and am currently watching lots f buggies on ebay, mainly mountain buggy, and graco stadium for when I do maternity cover but have added some others which if I had the money I would buy lol, just got to find hiding places-they could use all of us buggy hoarders n a documentary :laughing::laughing::laughing:

KatieFS
17-05-2013, 08:52 PM
Can u get a buggy board on the nipper?? Does anyone know how wide it is?

wellybelly
17-05-2013, 09:08 PM
I have a pushchair fetish and am considering therapy!

I too have favourite ones which change with the seasons, but I have several hills to climb and it all depends which children I have on what days as to which one I use.

I need to get rid of some but I know I'll buy more.

Hubby hates it, but I love choice :blush:

lisbet
17-05-2013, 09:49 PM
Well I have a dilemma! I am watching a britax b dual on eBay that's got 2 hours left and is £50 at the moment! But I've fallen in love with the baby jogger city select which is way out of my price range at the moment :( I don't know whether to save for the more expensive one or settle for the cheaper?? I am currently using a graco for 2 days a week and find it hard to push so only use it in the school run, on the other 2 days I use an old buggy which is useless over bummpy ground and I would like to start taking them out on longer walks! Has anybody got any advice on the two pushchairs I've mentioned or can recommend another? Xx

I use a parent's Britax B Dual. It has it's good points, but I do wonder what the bottom seat will be like for a toddler rather than a baby. It's quite hard to get the baby in and out from the bottom seat too. Also the back wheels make it quite wide (for stability I guess) so I'm not sure it's much narrower than a side-by-side double. There is a mum I see on the school run with toddler twins in a city jogger select and they look comfy/ have a good view.

And just to join in with the pushchair chat ;) - I was torn between a Nipper and the Baby Jogger City Mini. I went for the Nipper so I can go to the woods/ fields with it and because it was a good deal :laughing: but I think the City Mini has better sized seats and would fit on a bus better :rolleyes: Nipper is a dream to push though :-)

SammySplodger
18-05-2013, 02:25 PM
So I have 3 of the buggies listed on eBay currently!
See on the For Sale thread :-)
Honest info re: why they are not working for me, as they could be perfect for someone else.

watgem
18-05-2013, 02:58 PM
well I rejected hubbies offer of ging to watch a hill climb today as i had to wait in for delivery for graco stadium delivery from a fb babyselling group, I promised i would put my nipper on the fb recycling site-this was greeted by hoots f laughter frm the family, and have been scrubbing my triple as its so sunny as I've had several enquiries this week, so my hoard is now 4 doubles,2 singles and a triple :laughing::laughing::laughing: need to buy something t store them in now

lauraring1
18-05-2013, 03:35 PM
well I rejected hubbies offer of ging to watch a hill climb today as i had to wait in for delivery for graco stadium delivery from a fb babyselling group, I promised i would put my nipper on the fb recycling site-this was greeted by hoots f laughter frm the family, and have been scrubbing my triple as its so sunny as I've had several enquiries this week, so my hoard is now 4 doubles,2 singles and a triple :laughing::laughing::laughing: need to buy something t store them in now

Haha I thought I was bad.... With my 2 doubles, 1 triple and a single... But I think you've def beaten me lol

JMcG
18-05-2013, 04:06 PM
ABC buggies are by far the best I've tried but soooo expensive. I paid nearly £1000 to get a single with attachments to make it a double & a triple. Fantastic but then I foolishly sold it for half the price I paid as I hadn't used it for a while. Favourite side by side is def an out n about but need a triple again and so lucky that I managed to find a abc double with the toddler seat for £150! Now selling an out n about & a baby jogger double classic! Lol. And we live in a flat! No storage what so ever. Have to keep telling hubby they're tools for my job. So all together got 2pushchairs in the hallway, one in the boot. A Phil & teds in the shed & a micralite in the kitchen!!!!

watgem
18-05-2013, 05:50 PM
I must remember that-"tools for my job" next time hubby and kids have a moan lol, am just wondering where to put all my buggies tonight in case it rains lol

dette
18-05-2013, 07:18 PM
this makes me feel so much better.
i have honestly lost count of how many different pushchairs i've had over the last 14yrs but at the moment i have 1 triple (big joovy caboose) 2 double (hauck and a miamoda)and one single (zeta vooom,best single ive ever had and with seven kids of my own i've had a few)
i'm restricted by a narrow front door with 2 steps leading up to it and being able to pass it in the hall way so i'm stuck with these until i find something else
My DH told me i had to sell my 2 doubles when i bought my triple but ....i forgot :)

watgem
18-05-2013, 08:14 PM
I have the same Dette a very narrow front door/hallway with an awkward step up, and a narrow path to negotiate, 8 kids and a hubby who just don't understand lol! think I will have to try a zeta next time I need a single lol:laughing::laughing::laughing:

SammySplodger
18-05-2013, 08:20 PM
I have the same Dette a very narrow front door/hallway with an awkward step up, and a narrow path to negotiate, 8 kids and a hubby who just don't understand lol! think I will have to try a zeta next time I need a single lol:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Yup - 71cm doorway and buggies stored in living room (no hallway at all).

I am currently using a double Nipper and taking both wheels off to go in and out :-/ Wherlbarrow style :-0 But better than not fitting at all!

I am selling 3 buggies and saving up for an ABC triple combo on a single buggy base and/or Mountain Buggy Duet double. If I had just those two I honestly don't think I'd ever need another!
My DH does not believe me!!!!!

stargazer1
18-05-2013, 09:00 PM
this makes me feel so much better.
i have honestly lost count of how many different pushchairs i've had over the last 14yrs but at the moment i have 1 triple (big joovy caboose) 2 double (hauck and a miamoda)and one single (zeta vooom,best single ive ever had and with seven kids of my own i've had a few)
i'm restricted by a narrow front door with 2 steps leading up to it and being able to pass it in the hall way so i'm stuck with these until i find something else
My DH told me i had to sell my 2 doubles when i bought my triple but ....i forgot :)

Love love love my zeta vooom! X

SammySplodger
18-05-2013, 09:16 PM
Love love love my zeta vooom! X

Why? What is special about them, never heard if them before.
Ta

FussyElmo
18-05-2013, 09:38 PM
Ok here goes I will admit to this just between us I have .................................................. .................................................. ................................no pushchairs in this house.

Now dont faint ladies but thats right no singles, doubles, triples. I really dont know what these pushchairs are you talk about.

Mindees mum brings me theirs to use and im happy with that :-D

MessybutHappy
18-05-2013, 10:44 PM
Ok here goes I will admit to this just between us I have .................................................. .................................................. ................................no pushchairs in this house.

Now dont faint ladies but thats right no singles, doubles, triples. I really dont know what these pushchairs are you talk about.

Mindees mum brings me theirs to use and im happy with that :-D

Well that would solve any storage problems!!

Jiorjiina
18-05-2013, 11:41 PM
Baby jogger city mini double here.

Fits though almost all standard doors, fits on the bus, not too heavy, really sturdy, been using heavily (at least once a day, usually with two kids in it) for over a year and not a single problem. Folds up nice and tidily, cleans really easily too. I also use it with one child and can fit a load of shopping in the spare seat!

I can't recommend it highly enough, really.

Mine was £250 off ebay, second hand but unused and with a load of extras.

stargazer1
19-05-2013, 05:22 AM
Why? What is special about them, never heard if them before.
Ta

Very well built (if you like standard 4 wheel strollers), massive fold down sun canopy so you don't need a parasol, and you can buy them brand new for under £50. We took ours to Spain last year and the year before and constantly had people asking where we has got it as the fold down sun hood is amazing. I love mine! Very similar in style and build to a maclaren quest (which I also love) but less than half the price. Xx

watgem
19-05-2013, 07:17 AM
aw think I may need to replace my mamas and papas stroller with a zeta soon lol

Samcat
19-05-2013, 12:06 PM
aw think I may need to replace my mamas and papas stroller with a zeta soon lol

There's a raspberry pink one on Amazon for £39.95! :)
I may have to get one myself!

Samcat
19-05-2013, 12:54 PM
There's a raspberry pink one on Amazon for £39.95! :)
I may have to get one myself!

Just bought one ;)

stargazer1
19-05-2013, 07:34 PM
Just bought one ;)

Let us know what you think!! I think mine is amazing. I don't think they will stay as cheap as they are now once zeta manage to establish themselves as a good buggy brand x

lisbet
19-05-2013, 07:42 PM
Anyone know if the double veta is any good?

dette
20-05-2013, 08:23 AM
Let us know what you think!! I think mine is amazing. I don't think they will stay as cheap as they are now once zeta manage to establish themselves as a good buggy brand x

.its seems to have everything right,good handle height,sturdy basket, big seat,really easy to fold and unfold,i love the little pocket in the hood that holds the raincover and mine came with a free memory foam liner so its still looks brand new after a year,The only thing i could a have a tiny tiny moan about is the raincover doesnt always cover the feet properly if LO has long legs but i supose i could put frame raincover on if it was bad rain and save the little clip on one for showers while im out .

SammySplodger
31-05-2013, 11:18 PM
Just bought one ;)

Me too! :-)

Samcat
31-05-2013, 11:51 PM

Well, I've had my Vooom for just over a week and I have to agree with stargazer1 and dette. I'm really impressed with the quality, the seat size, the storage and the ease of manoeuvring it around and up and down pavements. I had the hood right down in the sun today - really good at shading the LO. I agree about the size of the raincover too. I had an 11 month old in it last Friday, whose legs only just reached the end of the seat. I felt if a child had longer legs the cover wouldn't work. We had heavy rain on Tuesday, so I used my old raincover, from a Hauck on it, which kept the bigger LO nice and dry.
I wasn't expecting it to be quite so heavy though!

loocyloo
01-06-2013, 06:19 AM
Well, I've had my Vooom for just over a week and I have to agree with stargazer1 and dette. I'm really impressed with the quality, the seat size, the storage and the ease of manoeuvring it around and up and down pavements. I had the hood right down in the sun today - really good at shading the LO. I agree about the size of the raincover too. I had an 11 month old in it last Friday, whose legs only just reached the end of the seat. I felt if a child had longer legs the cover wouldn't work. We had heavy rain on Tuesday, so I used my old raincover, from a Hauck on it, which kept the bigger LO nice and dry.
I wasn't expecting it to be quite so heavy though!

does the vooom fold up like an umbrella buggy? my chicco stroller is about to give up! very tempted :0) thank you x

Samcat
01-06-2013, 09:22 AM
It does. :)