PDA

View Full Version : What to do about advertising?

itsybitsyteeny
02-05-2013, 02:10 PM
I am just waiting for my reg certificate from ofsted but haven't done any advertising yet. I would like to get advertising but I'm not sure where I stand with this. I don't think I can advertise on childcare.co.uk until I have my certificate is this right?

Rick
02-05-2013, 02:20 PM
Lots of people advertise well before their certificate comes providing you say you are not yet registered and cannot start until you are. It does say on childcare.co.uk that you should be registered but I THINK that if you say you cannot yet start it is ok. I'll send this to Richard for clarification.

itsybitsyteeny
02-05-2013, 02:23 PM
Ok thanks for looking into this :)

sprinkles
02-05-2013, 02:35 PM
I advertised on childcare.co.uk before being registered but didn't tick the box which says registered childminder. I also wrote in the information bit that I was pre-reg etc.

Rick
02-05-2013, 02:40 PM
I advertised on childcare.co.uk before being registered but didn't tick the box which says registered childminder. I also wrote in the information bit that I was pre-reg etc.

This message on the profile page stopped me advertising too soon.

IMPORTANT: Only registered childminders with Ofsted, CSSIW or the Care Commission can lawfully advertise as a childminder. It is illegal to look after children under 8 in your own home if you are not a registered childminder. You face prosecution, a fine and even imprisonment if you advertise as an unregistered childminder. If you are a registered childminder then you must state this somewhere in your profile, together with the name of the organisation you are registered with, otherwise your profile will be rejected.

Maybe Richard can explain if you can have a profile before having your certificate?

Richard
02-05-2013, 02:46 PM
It's okay to advertise on our website if you aren't yet fully registered but you must make it very clear in your profile that you aren't yet registered and can't carry out any work as a registered childminder until your registration is fully completed.