PDA

View Full Version : Sleepy...

step11
02-05-2013, 01:55 PM
I'm sat on the sofa with my son fast asleep in my arms and one mindee down stairs sleeping. I'm so tied I could close my eyes but trying so hard not to telly on watching really!

Has anyone ever fallen asleep on sofa whilst mindee are all napping?

muffins
02-05-2013, 02:14 PM
No but I really want to! My DS(3yrs) is asleep upstairs, Mindee is asleep upstairs, my DD (4yrs) is asleep on the other sofa, my DD(4mths) is asleep on the other end of this sofa and my DH is asleep in bed as he's been on nights! There are 6 in this house & I'm the only one awake!

clareelizabeth1
02-05-2013, 02:25 PM
I've been very close and have probably dozed off without realising it for a few mins. As I normally do paper work in same room mindies sleep in it prob wouldn't be a problem. I have to keep busy while they are asleep otherwise I think I would curl up.

Rubybubbles
02-05-2013, 02:28 PM
I think it's the weather being outside in the lovely sunshine! I am so tired mixes with strong hay fever tablets!! Leering busy helps lol!

smurfette
02-05-2013, 03:04 PM
I think it's the weather being outside in the lovely sunshine! I am so tired mixes with strong hay fever tablets!! Leering busy helps lol!

Leering lol!!

CLL
02-05-2013, 03:10 PM
Leering lol!!

I know, do you have a nice view from your window!

smurfette
02-05-2013, 03:21 PM
Maybe we should all go visit rubybubbles and keep ourselves awake her way!!

FussyElmo
02-05-2013, 03:24 PM

Go on then what are you leering at - firemen, sexy builders :-D

bunyip
02-05-2013, 03:34 PM
I've been very close and often thought, "ooh, I could nod off on the side of the settee where mindee would wake me if she tried to climb over."

Often have to find something active to do to stay awake when lo is asleep. There's something about quiet afternoons with a lo sleeping so peacefully that........ just........makes........... me ...........want...............................to.. ..............................

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzz.............................:o

jackie 7
02-05-2013, 05:42 PM
One time I started to feel unwell and curled up on the sofa while they slept. I did have a snooze.

funemnx
02-05-2013, 06:00 PM
I need to set an alarm for the school run..... just in case....

step11
02-05-2013, 07:06 PM
So glad I'm not the only one. It's just so tempting so lay down on sofa watching telly whilst all sleep. It's such a demanding job and we need a little rest. :)

Mia73
02-05-2013, 07:10 PM
How do you manage to get all the children to have a nap at the same time! Amazing!

step11
02-05-2013, 07:39 PM
They don't always but I try and get them both down to sleep after lunch. Doesn't always work out.

Mrs Scrubbit
02-05-2013, 08:21 PM
How do you manage to get all the children to have a nap at the same time! Amazing!

Just work to establish a routine and then stick to it,I have always been very flexible in my morning sessions but stick firmly to afternoon routines and all the children know what to expect even my new mindee. We have lunch 12-12.30 ish then they have a spot of free play whilst lunch is cleared away and after nappy changes they all go into 'their bedrooms' at 1.30 for their naps, I have a 14mth,15 mth and a 2yr old and they all sleep 1 1/2-2hrs. x

smurfette
02-05-2013, 08:22 PM
Just work to establish a routine and then stick to it,I have always been very flexible in my morning sessions but stick firmly to afternoon routines and all the children know what to expect even my new mindee. We have lunch 12-12.30 ish then they have a spot of free play whilst lunch is cleared away and after nappy changes they all go into 'their bedrooms' at 1.30 for their naps, I have a 14mth,15 mth and a 2yr old and they all sleep 1 1/2-2hrs. x

Yep this! and tire
Them out in the morning! I can have four asleep for an hour or so

kellib
02-05-2013, 09:38 PM

Yep that's pretty much how it works here.

We are out and about in the morning, have lunch then kids get to play for a while before all 3 under 3 go for a sleep for 1-2 hours, it's fab!

And yes I do flake out on the couch whilst they are sleeping, I usually stick tv on as I find it too quiet when they are sleeping lol

Rubybubbles
05-05-2013, 10:02 PM
Darn it 'keeping' you rude lot haha made me laugh!

Your suggestions would keep me awake more than paperwork lol

Rubybubbles
05-05-2013, 10:04 PM

Not often to be fair, depends which children I have !