PDA

View Full Version : A cold is a virus right ?

phoenix2010
02-05-2013, 01:20 PM
just checking Im not completely insane

one of my mindees apparently has a cold because he played outside in my garden yesterday without a coat on

and (shock horror) had his hands in the water tray

it was about 20 degrees here yesterday and I had to put sun cream and hats on them for fear of burning , and I must admit it never occured to me once to put their coats on them

Im no medical expert but im pretty sure that colds are caused by viruses which are passed from person to person :rolleyes:

not getting your hands wet and not wearing a coat on a hot day

This parent has a science degree by the way :D

just letting off steam :thumbsup:

JCrakers
02-05-2013, 01:23 PM
You can't catch a cold from being outside in the cold. A cold is a virus caught from someone else sneezing and coughing :)

A cold can become worse if you play outside and don't wrap up but can't be caught that way

phoenix2010
02-05-2013, 04:20 PM
You can't catch a cold from being outside in the cold. A cold is a virus caught from someone else sneezing and coughing :)

A cold can become worse if you play outside and don't wrap up but can't be caught that way

I know, I was being sarcastic and having a moan :D

JCrakers
02-05-2013, 04:30 PM
Yes I know, was just confirming your moans ;p

Koala
02-05-2013, 04:58 PM
Oh Pheonix2010

Don't you know EVERYTHING is your fault!!

If they catch a cold
If they don't sleep
If they crap themselves at home it's because YOU didn't make sure they had a crap at yours

Its a given -ITS YOUR FAULT

There, i've had a moan as well.

Sorry for hijacking your moan :D

jackie 7
02-05-2013, 05:48 PM
Do you mean I can't catch a cold from going out with wet hair? Well I am surprised!!! Not! I had to suggest to a mum that taking a child swimming when they had an ear infection was not a good idea.

phoenix2010
02-05-2013, 05:50 PM
Yes I know, was just confirming your moans ;p

hahahahahhah I like :D

phoenix2010
02-05-2013, 05:52 PM
Oh Pheonix2010

Don't you know EVERYTHING is your fault!!

If they catch a cold
If they don't sleep
If they crap themselves at home it's because YOU didn't make sure they had a crap at yours

Its a given -ITS YOUR FAULT

There, i've had a moan as well.

Sorry for hijacking your moan :D

Yes I know , and every bad habit a child develops or bad word they say they must have learnt from my setting :rolleyes:

how many times have I heard "oh we dont say that/do that at home " .............yeh right !

lizduncan72
02-05-2013, 06:10 PM
Yes I know , and every bad habit a child develops or bad word they say they must have learnt from my setting :rolleyes:

how many times have I heard "oh we dont say that/do that at home " .............yeh right !

Mind you my 3 year old mindee had picked up the habit of tapping his chin when he's thinking from my DS!! Luckily mum thinks its cute :)

mrsjohn
02-05-2013, 08:54 PM
[QUOTE="phoenix2010;1246108"]

I have a parent that won't let me take her 7yo swimming ( indoor pool)( in April) because it was to cold. And the child might get a chest infection.
hence other children were disappointed because we couldn't go....:(