PDA

View Full Version : Jane powertwin pro, who's got one?

sprinkles
01-05-2013, 07:22 PM
Anyone got a Jane powertwin pro? One for sale on Facebook sale page for £70ono, wondered whether it's worth getting. Got a side by side but need a tandem too.

clareelizabeth1
01-05-2013, 07:35 PM
Don't know what it's like but I always feel sport for the one in the back with limited view when I see that sort of pushchair

jellytots2912
01-05-2013, 07:49 PM
I have one and they are fanbloodytastic bargain at £70 x

Becci26
01-05-2013, 07:55 PM
I have one and they are fanbloodytastic bargain at £70 x

This!!

I too have one and it is great, really easy to push, even one handed!

SammySplodger
02-05-2013, 06:42 AM
Depends on what 'terrain' you push it on... I got one a little while ago and I'm really not enjoying it. On flat pavements it is great - really easy to push. Babies seem to find it really comfortable. BUT up steep hills it is very heavy and almost impossible to push on a camber or over uneven ground (eg: cobbles or old bricks pavements). I had to cross over a cobbled hill to avoid a van last week and it nearly tipped over completely!

I paid £250 for mine with lots of extras like car seats.

I'd say £70 is a bargain price to try it out - they have good resale value.

mama2three
02-05-2013, 06:51 AM
I HATED mine.
There is no such thing here as a flat even pavement - my school run is uphill , and even kerbs were a nightmare.
It veered off to the right constantly and made my wrists and back painful.
I looked on other forums and this is a very common problem apparently - i hadnt just got a 'dud'.

Having said that for £70 you might as well give it a try , you can certainly sell it on for at least as much if you dont like it.

angeldelight
02-05-2013, 07:47 AM
I didn't like mine but £70 sounds ok

Angel xx

oxfordshirecm
02-05-2013, 07:51 AM
I tried this and hated it- now use a 360 outdoor (three wheeler) and love it. So much easier to steer even loaded up

ziggy
02-05-2013, 07:51 AM
I borrowed one and didnt like it, i found front seat wasnt suitable for sleeping child and it was very unstable, it actually tipped up a couple of times. plus it didnt fold small enough to fit in boot of my car.

Shame we cant test drive buggies for a day or two before buying

sprinkles
02-05-2013, 08:16 AM
Ah boo, not sure then!! I really need a good tandem one as the pavements here are narrow. Not planning on going down town much but need one for when we do.

I had a mother care urban detour side by side but haven't tried it out yet.

silvermist
02-05-2013, 08:22 AM
Ive got one and really like it. I swap the los round so they each have a turn at the front :thumbsup:

natalieatk
02-05-2013, 01:06 PM
Back seat is great not alot of room in the front! and only lays back slightly! I had a Jane footmuff which was fab!! But getting up and down curbs was hard more like a workout the front would just go to one side! And sometimes tip up! It was lovely to push on flat ground!

natalieatk
02-05-2013, 01:07 PM
Baby jogger now do a tandem! Bit pricey tho!

SammySplodger
02-05-2013, 03:55 PM
Sprinkles: is it flat or hilly where you live? If it's reasonably flat it's probably OK. £70 is a good price. Would the seller let you test drive it?

I live is a very hilly town with many steep and uneven pavements, cobbles etc.

At the moment I'm using a double Mountain Buggy and a double/triple Pedigree Easylife Sport. I'm selling my Powertwin Pro and saving up for an ABC triple, ie: single with seats in front and on top.

I have tried and tested a ridiculous amount of buggies over the last few months, but I always seem to be able to sell them on easily on ebay and cover the cost of the next one.

sprinkles
02-05-2013, 04:11 PM
Sprinkles: is it flat or hilly where you live? If it's reasonably flat it's probably OK. £70 is a good price. Would the seller let you test drive it?

I live is a very hilly town with many steep and uneven pavements, cobbles etc.

At the moment I'm using a double Mountain Buggy and a double/triple Pedigree Easylife Sport. I'm selling my Powertwin Pro and saving up for an ABC triple, ie: single with seats in front and on top.

I have tried and tested a ridiculous amount of buggies over the last few months, but I always seem to be able to sell them on easily on ebay and cover the cost of the next one.

It's generally flat but I live at the top of a hill no matter which way you come from town.

Town centre is cobbled too!

SammySplodger
02-05-2013, 04:53 PM
It's generally flat but I live at the top of a hill no matter which way you come from town.

Town centre is cobbled too!

In that case I would advise against it - cobbles were a nightmare and, frankly, dangerous (if my 10 year old hadnt helped me it would have toppled over -eeeek!) X

mrs robbie williams
02-05-2013, 04:57 PM
Must admit I hated mine I lasted a week !! Too heavy to push and also to lift when folded now got my out and about nipper and I may have mentioned it a few times but I love it :)

primula
02-05-2013, 09:35 PM
I have one!( secondhand on ebay!) used it for the first time today, all going well until I went up a steepish kerb and it took all my strength to stop it from tipping over:panic: I will be sticking to my nipper!

MessybutHappy
02-05-2013, 09:56 PM
Have you tried locking the front wheel? Apparently this makes it much more steady?