PDA

View Full Version : questions before registering with Ofsted (back up minder, PACEY, pet)

karenmaria
01-05-2013, 06:03 PM
Hi guys,

I have done the pre-registration course with NCMA (Jan 2013), (now called PACEY), I have done an online course regarding Food safety & hygiene (today) (I passed !!). I have started to buy some safety stuff to put where needed in my house.
I am up to date with the policies, paperwork...
Now I have got a few questions to ask you as I am a bit lost:

***Pacey: Is it really worth registering with this company? I believe the annual membership fee is just under £100. Is it really worth spending money on that? I went on their website, they say they offer free training : can someone tell me what this free training is about?
The courses they sell are cheaper for membership holders, but there again, I have done my level 2 Food Safety & Hygiene through Virtual College and it was much cheaper than the PACEY membership holder fee.

I believe they organise childminders meetings..?

***Also, I need to find a back up childminder. I know PACEY would help you to find one near you. But if I don't go through PACEY, can I just contact a local childminder myself and explain that I need a back up minder and see if he/she would agree.

***I had trouble to find out how to do my DBS check (was CRB) by myself but after going on Ofsted site, I read that they will actually send you the docs to fill out in order for them to do the check. So I am ok with that.

***I have got a medium size dog (all vet checked up), he sleeps in the house and goes about in and outside the house. Will that be a problem? Can I have advice from people whom have got a dog? I have got some stair gates for the children's protection and also for the dog to NOT access certain areas in the house. I am thinking of not registering the backyard so the dog can stay there if needed. ??

Sorry for the long message, but I hope someone can help me.

Thanks everyone.

Karenmaria.

adedwards68
01-05-2013, 06:24 PM
Paceys membership includes a years public liability insurance as well as membership

karenmaria
01-05-2013, 07:59 PM
Thanks,

Anyone, anything else that can help?

thank you