PDA

View Full Version : After schoolers

dawnn93
01-05-2013, 05:08 PM
I have 2 children of my own and next year 2014 both will be at school. Currently I have 2 after schoolers (1 mon-fri and 1 mon & wed) 1 of them has a brother starting next year also. Can you solely have just after schoolers and no under 5's for certain days of the week? And I know I'd need to apply for a variation but think ill get it as its a mindees brother.
Anyone been in this situation before ?

dette
01-05-2013, 05:19 PM
we dont apply for variations anymore,we decide if we are following EYFS,if these are your only mindees then you are within 6 under 8 and wouldnt even need to write up your own variation,
as for your question ,you can have only afterschoolies if thats what you want but you need EYFS children present for inspection (someone correct me if i'm wrong )

dette
01-05-2013, 05:20 PM
mmm might be different in scotland ...so ignore me ..i know nothing :)

Optimalstar
01-05-2013, 06:14 PM
No you're correct. You. Do need early years children for the inspection, that's why mine was a long time in coming, I only had after school children

Stapleton83
01-05-2013, 06:21 PM
Yes but do bear in mind that the EYFS still applies to the after schoolies until the August after they turn 5! So strictly speaking Ofsted could still come and inspect you as I was in this situation when they came to see me.

Sam x

lizduncan72
01-05-2013, 07:25 PM
Hi, from my understanding of what you've written (please correct me if I'm wrong!!) you will have pre school kids some days and you're asking if its ok just to have older kids on some days? If so then that's fine :) even if I'm wrong and you're asking about only having school kids all the time that's ok too :) we don't have to do the EYFS up here so it's not an issue. Best of luck to you if you want to only have older kids-I find they're sooo much harder work than the littlies lol!!

dawnn93
01-05-2013, 11:39 PM
Yeah I wish to just to do after schoolers 2 days as I have the demand and under 5 and schoolers the rest thanks for all replies