PDA

View Full Version : Ofsted seemed to have gone on holiday

tori4
01-05-2013, 04:59 PM
So I am abt 8mths over due inspection and got satisfactory on last one so should b high up on the to do list .

After a bit of reach I am only one of abt 3 in our town due with that grade. One of which has been done abt 6 weeks ago however no reports have been update on ofsted website since early April

It seems they have stopped again in this county.

Anyone else over due 2nd inspection and getting restless- whats the ave waiting for everyone?

I'm in south west uk and 1st inspected nov 2008

blue bear
01-05-2013, 06:17 PM
I was inspected jan 2009, still waiting.

Nicola Carlyle
01-05-2013, 08:05 PM
I'm still waiting in my first grading inspection. It's been 6 months this month and nothing!

mrstom
01-05-2013, 09:29 PM
I'm still waiting in my first grading inspection. It's been 6 months this month and nothing!

I'm still waiting my first graded inspection too! Registered in March 2012.

So is Silvermist xx

Kiddleywinks
02-05-2013, 05:02 AM
I'm still waiting my first graded inspection too! Registered in March 2012.

So is Silvermist xx

Me too :panic:

Chimps Childminding
02-05-2013, 06:35 AM
Last Inspection I had was April 2009, so have been waiting for the call since last April (2012) :panic: I was off sick from Sept till this week, but my co-minder hasn't had her inspection either!!

bunyip
02-05-2013, 08:21 AM
Ofsted gone on holiday..........

........and you say it like it's a bad thing??? :rolleyes:

Dilly Daydream
02-05-2013, 09:18 AM
I was starting to think this too! All the local inspections are being threatened then they call the minder at last min.com to cancel and rearrange. Some have just been cancelled and told we will be in touch to hear nothing else! I finish in 2 weeks for maternity leave and am praying they don't call. My inspection isn't due til end of May so hoping I am not an exception to the rule and they try catch me early :)

judipoo
14-05-2013, 01:55 PM
My last inspection was October 2008! I have " been ready" since October 2011 so you can imagine how much underlying stress this has caused. I then had the call the end of Feb when she wanted to come the day after my son's 18th birthday party held at home! I asked if she would bring it forward as I had been waiting so long and she then gave me dates of 3 days the next week or if not 2 days 3 weeks later. Nothing the first week then the day before the last date for the possible inspection she left a message to say she was cancelling my inspection and would be in touch - have'nt heard anything still 3 months on. Outrageous unprofessional behaviour in my eyes. I put so much extra work into the time just before an inspection as I am a perfectionist and put myself under so much stress then for it not to happen was just terrible.

Rubybubbles
14-05-2013, 02:44 PM
My last inspection was October 2008! I have " been ready" since October 2011 so you can imagine how much underlying stress this has caused. I then had the call the end of Feb when she wanted to come the day after my son's 18th birthday party held at home! I asked if she would bring it forward as I had been waiting so long and she then gave me dates of 3 days the next week or if not 2 days 3 weeks later. Nothing the first week then the day before the last date for the possible inspection she left a message to say she was cancelling my inspection and would be in touch - have'nt heard anything still 3 months on. Outrageous unprofessional behaviour in my eyes. I put so much extra work into the time just before an inspection as I am a perfectionist and put myself under so much stress then for it not to happen was just terrible.

I had mine nov 08 and giving up thinking about them coming!

Can I ask what grade you got before as I am hearing they have a system

bindy
14-05-2013, 04:35 PM
I just had mine, after the last one being well over 4 years , thats the norm now,. If you have Outstanding could even be longer.

judipoo
19-05-2013, 05:56 PM
I had mine nov 08 and giving up thinking about them coming!

Can I ask what grade you got before as I am hearing they have a system 

I had a GOOD at my last inspection. I have completed a very thorough SEF online though about 27000 words long (!) so the inspector would get a really good idea of my setting if she read it which may be another reason why she delayed mine over someone else who perhaps was SATISFACTORY and/or hadn't submitted a SEF. - all guesswork though on my part.