PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations for table and chairs please

mrs_scottydog
01-05-2013, 04:03 PM
When I started minding I bought a folding camping table with the seats attached for the children to do their arts and crafts on. It was great as I could put it down when not in use and it didn't take too much space. However during my maternity leave we used it on one of our camping holidays and we had to get rid of it as it broke. Now that I'm working again I'm looking to replace it as the children are currently using my coffee table. Have any of you got any folding tables and chairs that you would recommend please that don't take much space when folded.
Many thanks. Hx

blue bear
01-05-2013, 04:28 PM
sorry, didn't want to read and run but no idea

Becci26
01-05-2013, 05:16 PM
I have a table that is attached to the wall in the conservatory which folds down when not in use, it's from ikea

Kirstylob
01-05-2013, 05:16 PM
I dont have folding table or chairs but i bought a small wooden table and 2 chairs from Ikea. They're quite small and with cloth over the table it could double as a small coffee/occasional table. Hope that helps.

loocyloo
01-05-2013, 06:42 PM
i have several of the LACK tables from ikea. i use them with the children, and we use them as coffee tables!

one i bought 10 years ago has just about given up the ghost! we're still using it, but you can hear the insides crumbling when you lean on it!

lubeam
01-05-2013, 06:54 PM
I have the lack table too and have just painted the top with black board paint :) can't wait to try it out :) dh will go mad when he gets back Friday night lol :) opps

Jingle Jangle
01-05-2013, 06:59 PM
I have the lack table too and have just painted the top with black board paint :) can't wait to try it out :) dh will go mad when he gets back Friday night lol :) opps

I like that idea! A job for this weekend! ;-)

SDC34cr
01-05-2013, 07:36 PM
I have purchased gopak folding tables expensive nut very strong and fold easily

tashaleee
01-05-2013, 08:38 PM
Ive got a Gopak folding table - spent ages researching and wanted one that would fold flat (saying that I rarely seem to put it flat these days but great to have the option) - would thoroughly recommend - bought it over 2 years ago, well used as I have an assistant so a busy household - and still in perfect condition :thumbsup:

mrs_scottydog
01-05-2013, 08:50 PM
Thanks for all your replies. I'll look into the ones you've all got and see if any of them wlll work for me. Hx

Optimalstar
01-05-2013, 08:54 PM
Lack table and folding chairs for really little ones and norden gate leg for older ones, again with folding chairs. Norden took me several months to locate and win on ebay, it was worth it though as 150 new and I got it for 37 on ebay, local pick up. It's only for arts and crafts so no problem that it has a few marks. It's going to get worse no doubt. I'm such a cheapskate ;)

Louise_Oaktree
02-05-2013, 03:45 PM
I have this

KRITTER Children's table - blue - IKEA (http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/40153703/)

It came with 2 chairs but seems to be sold separately now. It has lasted years and is more sturdy than my adult furniture! I am always using the chairs to stand on to reach my paints on top of the cupboard!

Mine is plain wood so could be painted but it comes ready painted now.

jackie 7
02-05-2013, 04:00 PM
I have the ikea table Hot the more expensive one in grey/brown. Fits 4easily and looks good enough as coffee table.

Hatchlings
02-05-2013, 04:14 PM
my partner is a carpenter & i had him make mine from wood so they last inside or outside they are great & it only cost a little more than the plastic ones if you ask a local carpenter they should be able to do this & for a good price as my partner also did them for a child minder who lives close by & she said they are still going great 2 yrs later. & you can have different:jump for joy: sizes for older children etc. If any help.