PDA

View Full Version : Do you have a name for your mindees?

sprinkles
01-05-2013, 02:14 PM
I'd quite like a nickname for mindees. E.g. If my business was called little treasures then my mindees would be treasures! A friend calls hers sprouts as that's in her business name.

Any of you got any ideas? My business is called bright beginnings with rainbow and sun as logo so maybe something "magical"? Only thing I could think of was fairies but that's only for girls!

loocyloo
01-05-2013, 02:29 PM
mine get called toads quite often !!!

in fact, they seem to respond to whatever silly name i call them!

currently bananas/sausages/beans ( and they all decide which type of bean they are! )/pops (? no idea where this came from!)

i would just wait & see what occurs naturally, rather than making a decision.

xxx

sprinkles
01-05-2013, 02:33 PM

currently bananas/sausages/beans ( and they all decide which type of bean they are! )/pops (? no idea where this came from!)

xxx

I don't mean to call them to their face, I meant in business terms. I'd like to be able to say "met the newest ****" or "another **** joining the clan" kind of thing! so my friend says she has a new sprout starting. An overall word for them all that relates to my business name.

chezzagriff
01-05-2013, 02:33 PM
Mines called Cherubs childminding so they are my little cherubs but 9 times out of 10 they get called silly sausages.lol

sprinkles
01-05-2013, 02:37 PM
Mines called Cherubs childminding so they are my little cherubs but 9 times out of 10 they get called silly sausages.lol

That's what I meant lol. Just can't think of something relating to my business name/logo!!

Toothfairy
01-05-2013, 02:41 PM
What about Sun Beams or Bright Sparks?

sprinkles
01-05-2013, 02:42 PM
What about Sun Beams or Bright Sparks?

Oooh I like both of them!!!

safcfluff
01-05-2013, 02:57 PM
How about sunbeams? Mine are called Little Diamonds.

PrettyFlowers
01-05-2013, 04:49 PM
I call my mindees Little Chickens, not sure how that would fit into a business name though!

kellyskidz!
01-05-2013, 05:19 PM
I always want to put on my business web page the Kidz (as my business name is Kelly's Kidz) have been doing so and so today but worry parents may think I can't spell lol!x

Cookie Monster
01-05-2013, 05:43 PM
Sorry to throw cat amongst the pigeons but I find this idea a bit cheesy and impersonal. Surely if you have a new child starting you talk about them by their name!

Each to their own tho! X

CLL
01-05-2013, 06:10 PM
Sorry to throw cat amongst the pigeons but I find this idea a bit cheesy and impersonal. Surely if you have a new child starting you talk about them by their name!

Each to their own tho! X

I agree, a bit strange I think.

sprinkles
01-05-2013, 06:50 PM

Each to their own tho! X

Lol it's for my Facebook page! I don't want to be naming names on there when a new little one comes on board. I don't name any little ones or put pictures of them on my Facebook page.

mrs robbie williams
01-05-2013, 07:05 PM
I call mine poppet or monkey lol

Glitter
01-05-2013, 08:15 PM
My daughter calls mine squidgies, because they are so cute she wants to squidge them!

shortstuff
01-05-2013, 09:05 PM
mine are all munchkins or pickles but nothing to do with my name x

mrstom
01-05-2013, 09:21 PM
I'd quite like a nickname for mindees. E.g. If my business was called little treasures then my mindees would be treasures! A friend calls hers sprouts as that's in her business name.

Any of you got any ideas? My business is called bright beginnings with rainbow and sun as logo so maybe something "magical"? Only thing I could think of was fairies but that's only for girls!

As soon as I read 'sprout' I thought why would you call a mindee by a name of a veg that gives you bad wind ;)

Maza
01-05-2013, 09:42 PM
Sunbeams/ ray of sunshine?

jackie 7
01-05-2013, 11:22 PM
To be honest it depends on them. At tea time child a was all over the place and child b was copying him. Only prob is child b has bad reflux and needs all the calories I can get into him. Child a had to think about his movements.

Mice and Toad
02-05-2013, 07:40 AM

xxx

My youngest son was Toad for the first 18 months of his life, I still to this day do not why!!!!!!!

Mine are called Tigers when they are all together, other than that individually they are called Lizard Tonuge (long tonuge), Mrs Stink and The diva!!!

ziggy
02-05-2013, 07:45 AM
My business name is Busy Tots but (and please dont shoot me down lol) I refer to the mindees as 'the wild ones':laughing:

Parents all find this very amusing and know it isnt meant unkindly.

angeldelight
02-05-2013, 07:46 AM
Lately mine are simply called " little horrors "

:laughing::laughing:

Angel xx

oxfordshirecm
02-05-2013, 07:53 AM
Depends on how they have behaved that day can be either my angels or little ***** (only half joking lol)