PDA

View Full Version : How much???

louise
03-07-2008, 06:50 PM
Hi, My sons preschool has become a childrens centre. They have just started a toy library. Today they had loads of story sacks. I found the owl babies one. My son has been going on about this book for ages so we took that out along with the playmobil noahs ark. Well i though they were playing with the ark as done lunch. No my son decides to go in the sack get everything out and rips open the cards. The box is completely ripped! This is the first time it has been used. I was not happy. It a lovely sack and i thought id look at the price Only a cheap £56!!! It is no way worth that much but is lovely. I wont be getting one. Ill give my mum a list of things to look for at her work and do my own.

Lou

sarah707
03-07-2008, 07:24 PM
How much!?! :eek:

I'd be hopeless... I have friends who would stick the box together and give it back with a smile, but I'd panic :rolleyes:

louise
03-07-2008, 07:31 PM
I was told not to fix anything broken as it affects the insurance. I had to tell my ds not to pull off the tags on the owls as we always do.Lots of whys.

Rubybubbles
03-07-2008, 07:34 PM
I love the story sacks but they are very :eek: pricey

Heaven Scent
03-07-2008, 07:43 PM
I keep thinking about trying to make my own -Keep an eye out for flying pigs and a blue moon

brillminder
12-07-2008, 10:21 PM
check out the bags i make on the for sale board ( prices there not £56 lol ) can do most books if picture on google :) pm me

charleyfarley
12-07-2008, 10:35 PM
That is the reason why I hate to borrow anything. I'd be scared stiff the children ,normally my own would rip it to shreds.

We mislayed a book from school once, I had the same one so offered them that one instead as I felt awful it was lost.

Of course it wasn't Charley had put it in a dressing up bag :D

£58 Is a lot of money for one thing

Carol xx

Gherkin
13-07-2008, 09:12 AM
I love the idea od story sack but the cost to buy them made up is ridiculous. I was at my mil yesterday and she has given me loads of fabric reminants and i am going to make up some patchs for my treasure basket and some sacks for story sacks to make my own. Admit I was inspired by Chell's puppet post in the Lounge area.

miffy
13-07-2008, 03:53 PM
I buy the book and then look out for toys in charity shops, car boots etc to go with it. You can also make your own cards etc - there are things on the internet if you search.

This site is quite good - you can buy items separately if you can't find what you need elsewhere

www.storysack.com

Miffy xx

emmadines
13-07-2008, 11:03 PM
I think they are wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy over priced!!!

I wasnt too sure what they had in them so googled it and this is one site that came up, http://www.storysack.com/sacks/show/2 to say the least I was very shocked at the price, more so for the "libary"

I too will be looking into making my own!! I think my mil (poor thing) will be roped into it......

ooooo I also found this site,http://familycrafts.about.com/cs/homemadebooks/l/blstorysindex.htm Ive only glanced at it but thought it was worth posting..... it might help with ideas!