leopardlady
01-05-2013, 01:52 PM
Hi is notice by text official please?

mrs robbie williams
01-05-2013, 01:55 PM
My contacts say it had to be in writing I wouldn't accept a text x

leopardlady
01-05-2013, 02:15 PM
mine also says in writing but I was expecting it be followed up in writing today. I have an acknowledgement letter ready, but can I give them this if they don't come up with it in writing? I really don't want things prolonging any longer than necessary.

Rick
01-05-2013, 02:15 PM
I have accepted notice to change days or times by text but for termination personally I would want something in handwriting and signed.

loocyloo
01-05-2013, 02:32 PM
i say i need it in writing... however, i have had a couple give notice by text and kept 'forgetting' to give letter! in the end i took a photo of text!

i gave a letter acknowledging notice 'as given by text message' and noted parent mobile number, my mobile number, date & time.

x

leopardlady
01-05-2013, 02:48 PM
i say i need it in writing... however, i have had a couple give notice by text and kept 'forgetting' to give letter! in the end i took a photo of text!

i gave a letter acknowledging notice 'as given by text message' and noted parent mobile number, my mobile number, date & time.

x

I have a transcript of the text conversation for my file. I have done a similar acknowledgement letter, thanks for your help x

safcfluff
01-05-2013, 02:53 PM
I feel that notice by text is unacceptable and unprofessional. I would ask for notice in writing.

leopardlady
01-05-2013, 03:35 PM
I have asked for it in writing but unfortunately cannot make them give it to me. Hopefully they will, but I really want notice to commence asap.

Little Puddings
01-05-2013, 03:45 PM
I had sort of notice by txt after Easter so wrote a letter saying I confirm your notice of termination by text message on x/4 @ 7.08am... and then added bits about fees etc and when to be paid by. I sent it by email and parent sent email back saying she confirmed she received my letter.

hectors house
01-05-2013, 04:37 PM
I had one given to me verbally so I asked her to confirm it in writing - so she sent me e-mail - I printed it off and gave it to her to sign!

clareelizabeth1
01-05-2013, 04:43 PM
When one person kept forgetting their letter I wrote it for them n got them to sign it. But the were moving house so leaving under happy terms.