PDA

View Full Version : OPEN UNIVERSITY QUERY

silvermist
01-05-2013, 08:13 AM
Morning, Ive just registered to do an OU course...E100 (S05)certificate in early years practise. Am in right that once Ive done that I will be able to offer funded places? x

FussyElmo
01-05-2013, 08:43 AM
Morning, Ive just registered to do an OU course...E100 (S05)certificate in early years practise. Am in right that once Ive done that I will be able to offer funded places? x

No honey you dont need that qualification.

At the moment its down to your la requirements - part of a network etc.

But as of sept amy cm who is graded good or above will be able to offer it

jackie 7
01-05-2013, 09:39 AM
I have to be level 3 as well as good. Not sure if that course is enough.

silvermist
01-05-2013, 09:46 AM
My development worker told me its the equivalent of a level 4 and thats what I need. Is that wrong then? X

Tiny Trees
01-05-2013, 10:13 AM
No honey you dont need that qualification.

At the moment its down to your la requirements - part of a network etc.

But as of sept amy cm who is graded good or above will be able to offer it

Does this apply wherever you are?

E100 is really hard, and I haven't found it that helpful to be honest. I am just finishing it as part of my degree.

FussyElmo
01-05-2013, 10:39 AM
Some networks ask for level 3 never heard of one asking for the e100 and as I say as of sept all cm rated good or above regardkess of belonging to a network will be able to offer the funding.

WibbleWobble
01-05-2013, 12:00 PM
Silvermist. I have done E100 and its classed as level 4.

If you are going to do this module I will help you all the way

You know where I am

Wibble the helpful x

silvermist
01-05-2013, 01:36 PM
Aww thanks wibble. Really kind of you. Xxx
Im a bit worried that I have been made to think I can offer funded places though and I might not be able to. Any idea wibble? Xx

Little Puddings
01-05-2013, 03:49 PM
I did the first presentation of E100 in 2009/2010 so happy to help. I didn't find it too hard but I had just finished my degree with the OU when I started (mine mostly computer studies though)

I enjoyed it.

My LA says minimum level 3 for accreditation (I think )

Tiny Trees
01-05-2013, 04:12 PM
Some networks ask for level 3 never heard of one asking for the e100 and as I say as of sept all cm rated good or above regardkess of belonging to a network will be able to offer the funding.

Is this written somewhere? The lady at the LA told me last week that childminders in my area cannot and will not be able to offer funding- there is no such thing as accreditation here apparently.

FussyElmo
01-05-2013, 04:29 PM
Is this written somewhere? The lady at the LA told me last week that childminders in my area cannot and will not be able to offer funding- there is no such thing as accreditation here apparently.

Look in the campaigns and petitions section of the forum the threads are in there. On phone so cant do you a link

mama2three
01-05-2013, 05:15 PM

This will be illegal from September I believe. Cms will be entitled to the funding without LAs imposing further restrictions. there is a whole thread on the subject.

loocyloo
01-05-2013, 06:17 PM

where are you?

WibbleWobble
01-05-2013, 06:29 PM
Aww thanks wibble. Really kind of you. Xxx
Im a bit worried that I have been made to think I can offer funded places though and I might not be able to. Any idea wibble? Xx

i offer funded places - i couldve done with just E100. Its more than you need if your LA want level 3. My LA want having or working towards level 3 so by having E100 at level 4 you would be one level up!

E100 is really reall interesting. It looks at different learning theories and how children learn. A lot of it was "wow i always liked/thought that but i didnt realies there was a name for it".....it changed my practice immensely.

It also fired me to do the E105 (i didnt enjoy that one as much)

and now doing E212 (another interesting module)

what started off as "well i will get the level 4 done and that will be that" has turned into "OMG i am half way through my BA" ...its addictive.

righty ho lady.....hope that gives you more info. And my help offer is not an empty offer. I got fab marks and i am more than happy to give you some pointers. TBH i would do E100 again and again and again if i could. I enjoyed it that much

Wibble the woman with no life x

silvermist
01-05-2013, 06:53 PM
i offer funded places - i couldve done with just E100. Its more than you need if your LA want level 3. My LA want having or working towards level 3 so by having E100 at level 4 you would be one level up!

E100 is really reall interesting. It looks at different learning theories and how children learn. A lot of it was "wow i always liked/thought that but i didnt realies there was a name for it".....it changed my practice immensely.

It also fired me to do the E105 (i didnt enjoy that one as much)

and now doing E212 (another interesting module)

what started off as "well i will get the level 4 done and that will be that" has turned into "OMG i am half way through my BA" ...its addictive.

righty ho lady.....hope that gives you more info. And my help offer is not an empty offer. I got fab marks and i am more than happy to give you some pointers. TBH i would do E100 again and again and again if i could. I enjoyed it that much

Wibble the woman with no life x

Thats brilliant Wibble! I have a level 3 but it was a teaching assistant course so not good enough now. Im quite excited about it if not a little anxious but Im keen to further my professional development and it seems like a good idea.

I know once I get into the swing of it Ill probably go on and do something else after it too.

It doesnt start until October but Im looking forward to it.

Thanks for the offer of help too...I'll hold you to it lol! :D

Love Silvermist the grateful! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Rubybubbles
16-05-2013, 12:04 PM
Hi Silvermist

I have just applied for funding to do the E100 in October:) study buddies!!

I already offer funded spaces as I have NVQ3 CCLD, but yes this is all changing!

I am looking at doing level 4 just as I have time for a change lol!

BuggsieMoo
16-05-2013, 12:06 PM
Hi Silvermist

I have just applied for funding to do the E100 in October:) study buddies!!

I already offer funded spaces as I have NVQ3 CCLD, but yes this is all changing!

I am looking at doing level 4 just as I have time for a change lol!

I didnt know you had signed up RubyBubbles. Ive got all the current stuff here if you want to have a look at it. xx Ive only got my last TMA to do x

Rubybubbles
16-05-2013, 12:10 PM
I didnt know you had signed up RubyBubbles. Ive got all the current stuff here if you want to have a look at it. xx Ive only got my last TMA to do x

Not signed up, applied for funding, then if accepted will apply for the course. Had to phone them as I said to you about the 1 year thing, but all good she said as not my fault:)

SJ35
16-05-2013, 12:15 PM
I've sent my application for funding today to for the open uni!
I'll be doing an access course first Y032 then their open degree to go into social work or teaching, haven't decided yet!
I decided to do the access course first as I haven't studied since I finished my a levels 17 years ago! God I feel old now!!
Stacey

lisbet
01-06-2013, 07:47 AM
My LA like that I have Level 4, but I am not sure they would have accepted it as a 'standalone' without the Level 3 :confused:

Silly really as I agree with all of what Wibble says about E100:

><

TBH i would do E100 again and again and again if i could. I enjoyed it that much.

:thumbsup:

WibbleWobble
01-06-2013, 08:28 AM
I am pretty sure it is ok as a stand alone course with no level 3 (I don't have level 3 - my DO said it wasn't worth my time doing it and to go straight to level 4 as I already have studied at degree level - twice)

If you are doing level 3 then do you have to do levels 1 and 2 first? I think you hop in at the level you are able to start at.... And want to do. It's all about how comfy you are .... I advocate taking it easy and building your confidence. Slowly slowly catchy monkey.

I am here if you need me, just shout

Wibble x

lisbet
01-06-2013, 05:27 PM
I am pretty sure it is ok as a stand alone course with no level 3 (I don't have level 3 - my DO said it wasn't worth my time doing it and to go straight to level 4 as I already have studied at degree level - twice)

If you are doing level 3 then do you have to do levels 1 and 2 first? I think you hop in at the level you are able to start at.... And want to do. It's all about how comfy you are .... I advocate taking it easy and building your confidence. Slowly slowly catchy monkey.

I am here if you need me, just shout

Wibble x

It was way back in the 90's, so it may be different now, but I had to work through Level 2 and 3 in order to count as qualified in nursery ratios, even though I had previously studied a unrelated subject at uni. (Some of the L2 makes up part of the L3.) I think this is why my LA uses L3 as the benchmark for enhanced/ accredited provision, even though E100 gives you a standalone Level 4 CERT EYP qualification. :rolleyes:

jackie 7
01-06-2013, 07:34 PM
I had done my ou degree. Did childhood and youth studies so I didn't have to do level 2 first for nvq.