PDA

View Full Version : Well its the 1st may....

oxfordshirecm
01-05-2013, 06:17 AM
Day after payday and.... I have no money in my account... Not because I am awful with my money... But because only 1 out if 6 parents have paid me and had an assistant to pay to.

No point to this post just wanted a massive moan...grr.

I think it's time to revise my contracts and introduce the late fees

:(

Supernanny86
01-05-2013, 06:47 AM
That must be so annoying!! Introduce late fees and see how quick they pay! Lol

Kxx

miffy
01-05-2013, 07:02 AM
That is annoying - get on the phone to them all today!

Miffy xx

Dilly Daydream
01-05-2013, 07:47 AM
Doesn't help much right now but I make it very clear - no pay no care! Touch wood, no problems there so far! Hope a polite reminder helps them to remember you have bills too hon and you get your money asap x

jackie 7
01-05-2013, 07:48 AM
Yes ring them. Then give out a new policy about late payments. Include a no payment no pay no care.

serin
01-05-2013, 07:56 AM
Yes ring them. Then give out a new policy about late payments. Include a no payment no pay no care.

There's something to learn from. They seem to forget that we have bills to pay too. I have a college student that is possibly starting her child in my care. Ive told her I want a week inadvance and I dont care if your college hasnt given you the money. I want mine lol.

Becci26
01-05-2013, 07:59 AM
I'm with u on this one, drives me potty each month!!

I was late sending invoices out this month so they didn't receive them til Monday but payment is due at the same time every month so they knew it was due, yet there is still no money in my account or an email/ text to say its on it's way.

If I wasn't starting maternity leave at the end of term and had a bit more oomph left in me I would be making a big deal out of it, but I will send yet another email politely reminding that payment is now due...

I wouldn't mind quite so much but I have such a low income now I rely on the money coming in on time and I am now in my flipping overdraft! One family is about 90% of my income and are the worst offenders, I want to take early maternity due to my spd but this family have only got the rest of this term left before going to secondary school and will no longer need wrap around care, they have no back up plan/ family or friends locally to help them out so I feel bad if I were to leave them in the lurch.
Although the way I'm feeling today maybe I will just give notice and it will have to be tough!

Oops sorry for the rant!

Chatterbox Childcare
01-05-2013, 08:17 AM
I am lucky - most of my parents get paid around the 28th so they pay me the next day and those who get paid on 31st or 1st send me vouchers.

Good luck

Tinkerbell1979
01-05-2013, 12:36 PM
Snap grrrrrr

Petshrinklj
01-05-2013, 12:46 PM
Oh dear. Hope they pay you very soon and aren't late again

chezzagriff
01-05-2013, 06:12 PM
I only started childminding in Feb and luckily not had this yet. But how long do you guys give before terminating the contract due to no payment?

shortstuff
01-05-2013, 06:29 PM
I so know what you mean, i have 70% of my money missing still. 40% of it I have been told about but I am having a nightmare with one family. They seem to think I would be paid on time when they contacted the voucher company today! :angry: I had to spend lunch time, where I could have actually eaten, filling in the form for the company. I sent a strongly worded email to the parent about how she was taking valuable time away from the children in my care. Also reminded her I charge £5 per day and at present my payment might be as late as 12 days so expect fees.

Supernanny86
01-05-2013, 10:30 PM
I think I'm very lucky on this front, I'm a nanny but obviously still bound by a contract, my family always makes sure it's transferred on last day of the month. Even now the tax year has changed over my increased amount has been paid.

As I'm off for a week recovering from my op, I never had a chance to see the mum who I mainly deal with to settle petrol allowance. She text today to say they would transfer it into my account as they don't want me to be owed it, as that wouldn't be fair on me.

I do consider myself lucky but at the end of the day It's just common courtesy. They wouldn't like to be paid late from their jobs, so never understand why they think its acceptable to pay late!! I'd be mad if I ended up in overdraft and got bank charges etc!!

Knowing people are decent enough to pay you on time, helps the whole give and take scenario aswel. If they're decent to me, a favour every now and then won't hurt, either way.

Hope you get paid soon, most annoying, and change your contract to suit.

Kxx

jackie 7
01-05-2013, 11:18 PM
For all but 1 they pay weekly. No way will they pay monthly. Way too long to not be paid.

oxfordshirecm
02-05-2013, 05:36 AM
Spoken to parents and all have their own excuses- sorry I forgot, don't get paid yet, paying by vouchers etc. think I'm going to put a reminder in my newsletter that I need paying on time. My mortgage bounced as had not enough money in my account cause of this.
For those of you who get paid by vouchers- how do you get around the fact that they take 2-3 working days to clear? So for example this month I won't be paid till next Tuesday which will be the 7th? Is it by getting patents to pay in advance?

george
02-05-2013, 06:51 AM
I have changed my direct debits to the middle of the month to cover this,

amirose
02-05-2013, 07:16 AM
I only have one bad payer. I email invoices and no matter what email I send it too (I have three), even when I actually send it to all three, she claims not to receive it and acts surprised when I ask her about payment. Its the 1st of the month, every month, when you get paid you pay your bills (well at least that's what I do!). I don't understand how you can not realise its the 1st of the month when you have been paid yourself. Very frustrating.

amirose
02-05-2013, 07:18 AM
Spoken to parents and all have their own excuses- sorry I forgot, don't get paid yet, paying by vouchers etc. think I'm going to put a reminder in my newsletter that I need paying on time. My mortgage bounced as had not enough money in my account cause of this.
For those of you who get paid by vouchers- how do you get around the fact that they take 2-3 working days to clear? So for example this month I won't be paid till next Tuesday which will be the 7th? Is it by getting patents to pay in advance?

Mine put the vouchers through a couple of days before so they clear on the 1st. Occasionally payment is a couple of days late but my voucher payers have told me the transfers become "active" a couple of days before they get paid.

oxfordshirecm
02-05-2013, 07:49 AM
I think I'm going to have to move my direct debits to middle if month to cover. I think it's my own fault as I'm a useless business women and cave in far too easily with stuff and allow parents to walk all over me. Need to grow a pair

angeldelight
02-05-2013, 07:53 AM
I think I'm going to have to move my direct debits to middle if month to cover. I think it's my own fault as I'm a useless business women and cave in far too easily with stuff and allow parents to walk all over me. Need to grow a pair

Think we are all like this for a time

But you get resentful and we need paying so you do get tough

All my parents pay in advance and think I won't childmind if they can't pay ...it works they all now pay on time

Good luck hope you get paid soon

Angel xxx

marnieb
02-05-2013, 07:55 AM
I always ask when my parents gaid paid themselves, I tell them the reason for this is that if they get paid in the middle of the month then I will change my invoicing to suit their payday - so if they get paid on the 18th of each month then I bill them 18th to the 17th of the next month - then they have no excuse not to pay me!!

That said only one parent has paid, still waiting on 2, but 1 told me this morning she'd 'lost' my invoice and can I do it again???!!!

Tinkerbell1979
03-05-2013, 10:41 AM
I finally got paid this morning !

smurfette
03-05-2013, 10:44 AM

Hooray!! Glad u got it!

oxfordshirecm
03-05-2013, 10:53 AM
Well I have partly been paid- got to wait till the 8th for the rest which is over 1500 outstanding :( x

Little Puddings
03-05-2013, 05:29 PM
I had a baby start end of March, had to wait for March money but that was because of having to register with another voucher company. I emailed April's invoice to dad at 13.13 today and at 13.22 I had a reply saying he had sent the payment :)

Becci26
03-05-2013, 07:16 PM

Yay!!

I haven't :( haven't seen 1 mum all week as she has been working away, collected this evening and told me she's paid today via childcare vouchers!!!!! Gee thanks for that!

And the other just hasn't paid! It's only a small amount but is beside the point, I only see her on a Friday afternoon and baby brain took over then so I forgot to ask!

Goatgirl
03-05-2013, 07:48 PM

My lot are all pretty good: those who pay late do better when I invoice early and remind several times. Its annoying but it gets the money in to my account :rolleyes:. I take all payments in advance. Parent choose monthly (first or last day of the month) or 4 weekly and I have allowed weekly cash or direct bank transfers for families waiting for tax credits or in financial difficulty: also in advance. I expect voucher payments to be authorised by parents in good time so that payment has cleared into my account by the due date :thumbsup: