PDA

View Full Version : What do you think to this situation regarding variations?

Minstrel
30-04-2013, 08:14 PM
I've been asked to look after a little boy 3 mornings a week and then drop at preschool where mum will collect at 3pm.

All fine but....mum is cabin crew and so if she is delayed then there is nowt she can do about it so has asked if I could collect him if she needed me to in an emergency.

On a monday it would take me over though. Chances are it would rarely happen and if if did its only a 1 in 3 chance it would be a monday. (other two days are no prob)

So could i take it on knowing she may need me extra once in a while....?

Thanks

Rick
30-04-2013, 08:17 PM
I would have thought it was classed as an emergency if mother is delayed several miles up!

Could LO not be classed as continuity of care after a certain amount of time?

Minstrel
30-04-2013, 08:20 PM
Yes possibly but i worry about it happening, say on the first day?! Or it being different because i'm taking the child on 'knowing' they may be times i have to increase numbers.

Rick
30-04-2013, 08:27 PM
Yes possibly but i worry about it happening, say on the first day?! Or it being different because i'm taking the child on 'knowing' they may be times i have to increase numbers.

It's a difficult one. Is it any different to a parent not being able to collect because they are in hospital or their car breaks down? It's just this parent has given you prior warning simply because if the type of job they do. Any parent can be late through no fault of their own

Minstrel
30-04-2013, 08:30 PM
True.

I think i will take him on, mum assures me its very rare and like you say, its no different to any other emergency. :) Thanks!