PDA

View Full Version : help! first inspection

squeely wheely
30-04-2013, 08:04 PM
I'm getting in such a flap about my inspection, I have a list from the council of paperwork to include which I'm getting through. I'm worried about my multicultural toys, because I only have a Chinese doll and a toy wheelchair. Hummm can't afford to go out and buy loads of stuff. Do you think its alright to say I don't have many but I take them to such and such where they do have these toys? Also unsure about what activities to do with the kiddies. They are 2 yrs and 1 yr old. Should I do individually planned things or a group thing. Also with planning I only do weekly and yearly planning. Is it OK not to do monthly as I find it unnecessary?

Any advice would be cooool. Knickers in a knot!

sarah707
30-04-2013, 08:08 PM
Keep to the children's routine - don't change things for the inspection - just carry on with their normal activities or they will react and you'll be in a muddle!!

Don't point out your failings - focus on the things you have achieved so far and point those things out to your inspector.

Good luck! :D

Rick
30-04-2013, 08:14 PM
Relax you will be fine! The waiting is the worst part!

So long as you can explain why you do things a certain way (and they work well for you and are logical) the inspector should accept them. I don't have a huge range of multicultural resources but I showed the inspector the multicultural activities we have done and where we had been (the local abbey for example).

You don't have to do a planned activity but if you chose to then make it something quite simple and something you know the children will like. It may be worth having a back up if they don't go for the first activity. Also get as much snack and lunch prepared as possible so you are not away from the children for too long.

Good luck :thumbsup:

squeely wheely
01-05-2013, 01:02 PM
Thank you both so much for your advice, I feel a lot calmer about it. I think its easy to think you must be performing seals on the day and have the best activities lined up and have the kids showing everything they can do.

Anyway, cheers!

SW