PDA

View Full Version : feedback from parent interviews

sskent08
30-04-2013, 06:28 PM
I have had about three interviews since the new year and I haven't got the jobs, I email parents for an update asking for any feedback. I have normally been given a reasonable reason regarding location etc

But it just makes you think, I wish I knew if they were being honest ? if their was something they didn't like you cannot fix with out knowing?

I got satisfactory in my Ofsted inspection, I had only been CM a couple of months and she said that was all I would be getting and that with more time and experience I would get good or outstanding!

anyway I have never been asked what my grade is , my Ofsted report in in my prospectus for parents to see but no-one has ever looked at it, do you think they have looked it up on line?

sorry probably just being paranoid as I have had a lot of work and I have lots of lovely reference, but just when you really need the work you start doubting your self!

is their a better way to get feedback?

thanks

Minstrel
30-04-2013, 07:49 PM
Yes it would be lovely to know for sure.

I think with experience I can usually work out the reasons. Certain questions and answer patterns or just general vibes are given off. I do know that a lot of them I am glad because i was also unsure about them so i see it as a good thing.

Optimalstar
30-04-2013, 08:53 PM
Yes it would be lovely to know for sure.

I think with experience I can usually work out the reasons. Certain questions and answer patterns or just general vibes are given off. I do know that a lot of them I am glad because i was also unsure about them so i see it as a good thing.

Lol I know that feeling about being unsure about them x

angeldelight
30-04-2013, 08:58 PM
I know what you mean

It does make you start to think

I moved house last year so had to start all over again, the amount of parents that came to see me and did not get back to me at all was annoying and I began like you to wonder

But then parents came who really liked me and I was soon full again

Think of going shopping for a pair of jeans, how many shops do you go to before you decide on a pair... its sort of the same thing if you know what I mean

Never doubt yourself .... keep advertising... go on childcare.co.uk and contact parents lots

You will soon have parents that love you

Good luck

Angel xx

sskent08
01-05-2013, 11:33 AM
thank you, I read on another thread about giving them a leaflet to look at and take home, emphasising my unique selling points!

will give that a try

thanks again

x