PDA

View Full Version : waterproof sand tray??

jellyelly
30-04-2013, 12:18 PM
Have any of you come across a reasonably priced sand tray that doesn't let it water/rain? Not sure if I should give up on this one!!

Thanks xx

rickysmiths
30-04-2013, 12:24 PM
Yes I got mine at Costco years ago. The lid is held on at each end with strong elastic and keeps everything dry. It is kept outside and full and used all year round.

It is similar to this one, except mine has a hole in the middle for an umbrella.

Buy Step2 Naturally Playful Sand Table from our Sand & Water Tables range - Tesco.com (http://www.tesco.com/direct/step2-naturally-playful-sand-table/200-0257.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=200-0257)

Louise_Oaktree
30-04-2013, 01:13 PM
I have this but the elastic has gone and the lid sinks in the middle and water gets in :(

Mouse
30-04-2013, 01:22 PM
Yes I got mine at Costco years ago. The lid is held on at each end with strong elastic and keeps everything dry. It is kept outside and full and used all year round.

It is similar to this one, except mine has a hole in the middle for an umbrella.

Buy Step2 Naturally Playful Sand Table from our Sand & Water Tables range - Tesco.com (http://www.tesco.com/direct/step2-naturally-playful-sand-table/200-0257.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=200-0257)

I had that one, but it let water & insects in. I wouldn't recommend it. It was also really low to the ground - a bit too low even for the littlest mindees.

Louise_Oaktree
01-05-2013, 10:37 AM
Here is my solution to the problem!

I know it's not pretty but it works and the children don't seem to mind. And the best bit is it only cost £4! Am planning on having 2 or 3 different ones any ideas what I can use that will last but a bit different to sand? Pebbles or shells perhaps, compost? The boxes have wheels and are stackable.

watgem
01-05-2013, 10:48 AM
love them louise, they would be great for indoors too:)

lisbet
01-05-2013, 12:02 PM

I know it's not pretty but it works and the children don't seem to mind. And the best bit is it only cost £4! Am planning on having 2 or 3 different ones any ideas what I can use that will last but a bit different to sand? Pebbles or shells perhaps, compost? The boxes have wheels and are stackable.

I've been wondering about this too and that is brilliant, Louise! Those boxes look nice and sturdy - where did you get them?

Louise_Oaktree
01-05-2013, 01:02 PM
I got them from Morrisons and yes they are very good quality compared to some I have seen. My only worry is if they will withstand the frost but I have a shed I could put them in overnight or even bring them indoors. I guess you could get bigger ones if you wanted as they do some huge ones that go under the bed with lids but I like the compact size of these as they are easy to move when full of sand.

lisbet
01-05-2013, 01:13 PM
Thanks, Louise :thumbsup: They do look a good size for carrying, and for using in the kitchen when it's too cold outside.

miffy
01-05-2013, 09:48 PM

They look great.

You could try bark clippings, sawdust, hay, cornflakes (value ones are cheap enough)

Miffy xx

Kirstylob
02-05-2013, 11:51 AM
Great idea! And lots of uses too. Thanks for the inspiration.

jackie 7
02-05-2013, 12:57 PM
Oh thanks Louise. I have a low box with a lid and I couldn't remember why I bought it.