PDA

View Full Version : daily diaries

pollyw
30-04-2013, 09:55 AM
I am about to start new daily diaries with my children and would like to put a note in the front to encourage parents to leave communication. Basically things like new words, activities they have been doing at home etc. I'm just not sure how to word it, what would you put?!?!

kellyskidz!
30-04-2013, 10:10 AM
How about something like

Welcome to your child's Daily Diary: a chance for you as parents to see what your child gets up to in my care and a place for you to add your own comments, pictures or anything you would like to share.

Please feel free to add your own ideas for activities or tell me about any new skills your child has learnt!

Xx

Wheelybug
30-04-2013, 12:54 PM
You could also add a brief bit about how you will use the information they share, eg so you can plan activities around interests at home etc. Might motivate them to share, you never know!

Personally, think I might resort to a name and shame board! I've tried just about every other method and nothing so far has managed to get parents to share info about learning and development for more than a couple of weeks:(

Cathy x.

pollyw
01-05-2013, 11:11 AM
Thanks, that was along the lines of what I was thinking, let's see if it prompts anyone to write or share anything!!! X

Joda
01-05-2013, 11:21 AM
I write something like that at the front of my diaries - although the parents (well, the mum's) read them it is very rare they actually write anything in them (other than holiday dates).
At least we've tried I suppose