PDA

View Full Version : crb wait.... assistant...

Karen1
29-04-2013, 03:25 PM
Hi

I have my certificate, first aid, all other docs and am just waiting for my crbs and social services check. Have been waiting 4 weeks! I rang today and they said it can take up to 8 weeks for the checks. How long is everyone elses checks taking. also didnt realise that there was a social servies check- what is this exactly?

I have all my policies and procedures sorted. anyone have any tips on planning- are you doing any sort of general planning on what you will do with the children or jsut wait until the child arrives...?
really just want to get started and get some mindees and money...

anyway am thinking of having OH as an assistant, so he can do a school run for our children and occasional watch mindees if i have to pop out.

so, is it - just tell ofsted. him get 1st aid cert?

do i need to get the parents permission and am i right that he can only be there for a max of two hours unsupervised?

tia

sarah707
29-04-2013, 04:51 PM
Hi

I have my certificate, first aid, all other docs and am just waiting for my crbs and social services check. Have been waiting 4 weeks! I rang today and they said it can take up to 8 weeks for the checks. How long is everyone elses checks taking. also didnt realise that there was a social servies check- what is this exactly?

It's to check you have never had concerns raised with Social Services about you and your children.

Yes it can take ages - they should warn you about that during your training!!

I have all my policies and procedures sorted. anyone have any tips on planning- are you doing any sort of general planning on what you will do with the children or jsut wait until the child arrives...?
really just want to get started and get some mindees and money...

You can't do much until the children arrive because most of your planning is linked to their interests, what they know, what they are learning next etc.

anyway am thinking of having OH as an assistant, so he can do a school run for our children and occasional watch mindees if i have to pop out.

so, is it - just tell ofsted. him get 1st aid cert?

Yes - 1st aid and confirmation in writing from Ofsted.

do i need to get the parents permission and am i right that he can only be there for a max of two hours unsupervised?

Yes it is a requirement that you get written permission from children's parents.

tia

Hope that helps :D

benandjerrys
29-04-2013, 05:55 PM
Hope that helps :D

My s/s checks were done within a couple of weeks. My CRB was done within 3 wks but my partners still hasn't arrived and its been 6 weeks! Im waiting to see if Ofsted are happy with my medical form and inbetween all that im frantically repainting nearly every room in the house! Every day im thinking is this the day im going to get some news? I will be glad when its all over tbh. Let us know how you get on.

Karen1
29-04-2013, 06:27 PM
Thanks for the replies.
Will wait a couple of weeks and chase again.
Will ring for oh to be added and find him a first aid course.
Yeah I keep tidying everything up.
K

Karen1
06-05-2013, 01:23 PM
Oh added as assistant just need first aid

Still waiting for crbs.... 6 weeks now. Come on need to get ousted visit over with.