PDA

View Full Version : Contract Cross over & writing own variations

Keeley77
29-04-2013, 03:05 PM
Hi,

I've got a LO due to leave at the end of May as the family are moving house, it looks as though the move might be delayed, however I have a new LO due to start in her place at the end of May. (I have two of my own children which are under 5 so I can only care for one more LO)

Another CM told me to write my own variation, risk assessment and get parents to sign their consent etc so that I could care for both the children until the family move. Obviously it would only be for a short period but I don't want to risk my registration by doing something wrong!

I really don't want to let the family that are leaving down but obviously I can't afford to loose the new contract!

(sorry I've probably made this sound much more complicated than it is)

Opinions appreciated...

many thanks

muffins
29-04-2013, 03:20 PM
Its my understanding that you can only do this for continuity of care for existing children, as one of these children is a new child you can't do it in this case!

loocyloo
29-04-2013, 03:36 PM
last year i had a child due to leave as they were moving.

i had a new child booked in ( contracts all signed etc ) to take their space.

first child then DIDN'T move, as sale fell through and things changed.

i rang ofsted who agreed a variation of continuity for the first child to remain in my care alongside the new child.

Chatterbox Childcare
29-04-2013, 03:44 PM
I think you can do it as the care is for a child that is already with you, given notice and staying longer

I agree with your friend - do your RA

Louise_Oaktree
29-04-2013, 03:48 PM
According to the EYFS:

If a childminder can demonstrate to parents and/or carers and
inspectors, that the individual needs of all the children are being met, then
exceptions to the usual ratios can be made when childminders are caring for
sibling babies, or when caring for their own baby.

I would say from the details provided you can therefore care for both mindees plus your own 2 children - providing the total children under 8 does not exceed 6....

I have 1 child of my own plus 3 others but 2 are siblings so the situation fits into both categories :-) My network co-ordinator was happy with this

Hi,

I've got a LO due to leave at the end of May as the family are moving house, it looks as though the move might be delayed, however I have a new LO due to start in her place at the end of May. (I have two of my own children which are under 5 so I can only care for one more LO)

Another CM told me to write my own variation, risk assessment and get parents to sign their consent etc so that I could care for both the children until the family move. Obviously it would only be for a short period but I don't want to risk my registration by doing something wrong!

I really don't want to let the family that are leaving down but obviously I can't afford to loose the new contract!

(sorry I've probably made this sound much more complicated than it is)

Opinions appreciated...

many thanks

Keeley77
04-05-2013, 08:59 AM
Thanks for you replies. If i find that I do have a short cross over period, do you think its best to also make my insurance company aware?

I will do a full written risk assessment for outings, sleeping/rest periods, toys, space etc. Get parental agreements (signed by both sets of parents)

Thanks