PDA

View Full Version : New here question about name of business

covgalxxx
29-04-2013, 10:07 AM
Not a childminder yet, but getting ready to post forms, but I have read a lot of people use there own bank account instead of of a business account, so do you still use your own account if you have a name for your childminding..
My name is Sabrina but the name I want to use is saffy's little angels, my daughter saffron passed away few years ago she was fully disabled in wheelchair had epilepsy,she was 11... But she left her mum with a new life so I'm using it xxxx

sarah707
29-04-2013, 05:10 PM
Awww that's a lovely way to name your childminding business after your little angel :group hug: I am sure she will be very proud of her mummy making a new start xx

It depends on your bank but as long as you keep your business records separate then there's normally no reason why you can't use a business account.

loocyloo
29-04-2013, 05:15 PM
awww, thats lovely.

love the name too.

i don't have a business name, but as long as cheques/payments are to you in your name, then i'm sure you can use your normal account. i use my normal account.

covgalxxx
29-04-2013, 05:17 PM
Oh great it's been bugging me...
and I'm still thinking shall I have a business name, but then I think this is for her so I should.xxx

Rick
29-04-2013, 05:22 PM
Hi and welcome! I think that's a lovely name for your business and is apt that your new venture will honour your daughter's memory :group hug: I'm sure you will do her proud.

I use my own account and have had no issues. :thumbsup:

WibbleWobble
29-04-2013, 05:32 PM
Welcome to the forum

What a lovely name for your new business.... It's a wonderful testimony to your beautiful daughter.

Lovely, just lovely

Wibble xxxxx

FussyElmo
29-04-2013, 05:34 PM
Think the name is lovely :)

I just use my saving account for monies paid to me :thumbsup:

supermumy
29-04-2013, 05:52 PM
That's a lovely name :)

Becci26
29-04-2013, 06:02 PM
I have a business name and just have a bank account in my name for work, and don't have a problem with that.

I think the names lovely by the way :-)

Mouse
29-04-2013, 06:11 PM
What a lovely name for your business :)

If you are using a business name, just make sure you make it very clear to parents what name you want payment to be made to. I don't have a business name, but the name I am known by is not my "official" name, so my bank account is in a different name to the one everyone knows me by. Parents are always a bit surprised when I say 'don't make payment to me, make it to X'. It can get very confusing & a lot of people think I am 2 different people :laughing:

lynncjt
29-04-2013, 06:14 PM
What a lovely name! I use a business name but as I don't accept cheques the bank never sees my business name!

funemnx
29-04-2013, 06:15 PM
What a lovely business name :)

I just use my current account - the money isn't in it very long! :laughing:

clareelizabeth1
29-04-2013, 06:31 PM
Love the name. Can't help with your question though as I don't have business name but looks like you've had lots of help already.

blue bear
29-04-2013, 07:07 PM
Hello and welcome, I love the name you have chosen, your little angel will always be with you when you work.

I have a separate savings account that I use for my business income but only so DH can't get carried away with it lol:laughing::laughing::laughing:

The Juggler
29-04-2013, 09:27 PM
welcome and what a lovely name for your business. I have only ever used my personal banking account. i just record everything I use /earn for my business. :thumbsup:

littlemiss60561
29-04-2013, 10:11 PM
Arrrr that's really moving. Love the name. Welcome to the forum x

Little Puddings
30-04-2013, 10:43 PM
I call my setting Little Puddings (my husbands nick name in the forces was Ambrose (can you guess our surname??) that is what Puddings come from...) and
I have a business bank account as that was one of the criteria to become accredited in my county but it is in my 'real' name, I guess I could have used my business name if I wanted too.

MiniKins
01-05-2013, 07:44 AM
A perfect name for you business ~ when the going gets tough it will give you that comfort and inner strength you sometimes need to find.

A separate business account might help you when you come to fill out your yearly tax return, try to use it for all business transactions and it will take a lot of effort out of bookkeeping.

You can use your own if you prefer, just adopt an accounting system you find easy to work.

If you do trade under a business name, you need to add something like:

Sabrina XXXXXXXX trading as Saffy's Little Angels

at the bottom of your letterhead and other stationery: https://www.gov.uk/set-up-sole-trader