PDA

View Full Version : 2yr check and Global Development Delay

melco
29-04-2013, 08:40 AM
After some advise please. I mind a little girl who was 2 in February who is not walking yet and has been behind in other things such as talking. As she turned 2 she was having tests to find out why there was a delay in her development so I spoke to my Early Years team and they advised me not to do the 2yr check until she has had the tests done. The tests came back all clear so the Early Years team then advised me to wait for her to catch up. They have been away so today I checked with her Mum about Health Visitor coming and she is coming tomorrow!! Due to her development the Health Visitor is coming to the home and bringing a Nurse. Mum does not think the Health Visitor needs to come as they know what is wrong and she is classed as having Global Development Delay. So my question is do I rush a 2yr check to send to parents for them to have tomorrow or due to the issues do I need to still do one? The little girl is only with me one day a week and goes to Nursery one day.

Thanks

melco

QualityCare
29-04-2013, 08:53 AM
I would do one and give it to mum to show HV, it would be good if the nursery did one as well, l can't understand the EY team telling you to wait for her to catch up before doing one, she may need extra support to catch up.=, just what the 2yr old check is all about.

Mouse
29-04-2013, 09:07 AM
Although it's very short notice, I think I would try to get something written down for mum to pass on to the HV & nurse.

It will probably be very useful for them to see what she can do at different places - home, nursery & with you.

VeggieSausage
29-04-2013, 10:51 AM
yes I would this is exactly the reason why the 2 year check is good and that all agencies are contributing....will help build up a picture of this child.....