PDA

View Full Version : Anyone look after three one year olds?

lisbet
28-04-2013, 09:59 PM
All my local enquiries seem to be mum's returning to work after a years maternity leave at the moment, so I'm trying to think through whether I could offer 3 x 1yr olds really good care, or whether I should just take on two. :confused:

I'd really appreciate it if those who have 3 X 1yr old's could share their experiences of it? :)

georgeypie07
28-04-2013, 10:44 PM
i have three one year olds on a friday and we have a great time, one major set back for me is that we cant really go out amywhere as they are all still in the buggy (unless youve got a triple) i wouldnt consider doing it any other days as we like to get out and about!!

sarahmc
28-04-2013, 10:46 PM
I did last year. It WAS hard word. But saying that they are all turning 2 now and that's hard in a different way!
If you have enough equipment for feeding and transporting you will be fine. Organisation is the key, make lunch before they arrive, grab a coffee and the toilet when there's a quiet moment, there won't be many. Once you establish a routine that works for you, you will have time for them all. I loved it when they slept at the same time but also if only 1 or 2 did together you had time for individuals. Now they just bite, hit, shout 'mine' and don't sleep! But I still love it!

lesley
29-04-2013, 05:56 AM
It's lovely, all mime have now turned 4 and go to school in Sept. it was had work to start with, I do have a triple so able to get out. From this Sept I back to have 3 one years old.

oxfordshirecm
29-04-2013, 08:01 AM
When I started childminding I had my own 9 month and twin one year olds. Was hard work but actually looking back so much easier than having them at all different ages as they are roughly at the same development stage so all can do same activity give or take. I now look after an age from if 10 months to 4 years old and it's stressful at times as they all have completely different routines. Would happily go back to that again

jackie 7
29-04-2013, 08:06 AM
My 1 yf olds are now just over 2. Organisation is the key. Getting them into buggy can be a problem as I live in flat. Fun though!!!

munch149
29-04-2013, 08:08 AM
I've just taken on a one year old and ten month old and my daughter is 13 months. Finding it find most of the time and get out and about with a triple or double and sling (from car to group). Only thing I find is when one starts crying they all do which can be a little stressful but I think all ages have there challenges and I think having them all a similar age is a bonus as they should become really good friends.

VeggieSausage
29-04-2013, 08:16 AM
I did it and it was very hard work. You have to be organised such as having food organised etc in advance. Triple buggy was hard work but kept me fit and on the up side they are now all 3 and great friends....not sure I would hurry to do it again though!! lol

lisbet
29-04-2013, 03:43 PM
Thank you all, that is really helpful! :D