PDA

View Full Version : Ants

It's a small world
28-04-2013, 06:59 AM
Anyone got any foolproof ways to get ants out of my kitchen ! I really dont like them to the point i have a slight phobia of them . Any ideas appreciated x

sprinkles
28-04-2013, 07:14 AM
You can get things from b&q that have poison in them. Just put down where the ants are, they're attracted to it and take the poison back to the nest. We have them in our living room at the moment!

It's a small world
28-04-2013, 07:18 AM
Yeah got some from Tesco just driving me mad . Can cope near front door but hate them in my kitchen :-( constantly wiping surfaces twice as much as normal as im now paranoid !!

Koala
28-04-2013, 09:35 AM
I use a mixture of herbs and spices and it works a delight, the strong smell drives them mad and out of the house.

Cinamon
Nutmeg
cloves
bay leaves
mint from the garden torn leaves anything strong smelling.

And most off all keep all foods and waste covered and sealed and the crumbs off the surface or floor hard with kids I know but thats what they are after.

we had them in our kitchen and cupboards and I didnt want to use poison there. I read that strong smells put them off their homing sense and they hate it, so I keep a dusting of herbs in the corner of my cupboards and every now and again sprinkle essential oils about. Not seen an ant for ages. I hate the little things.

We found a couple of nests is the garden, pour boiling water on it, bye bye nests.

funemnx
28-04-2013, 11:47 AM
We had loads in out kitchen earlier this month, getting all over the kitchen counters yuk - they were coming from a nest outside the back door. I put ant powder down outside and bought the little pots with poison inside and put them in the corners of the counters. No ants now! :phew:

blue bear
28-04-2013, 02:55 PM
I put talcum powder down where they come in, works just fine and not poisonous.

nikki thomson
28-04-2013, 05:21 PM
I buy Nippon, you put it in a dish with a lid and it has holes so they go in and take it back to there nest, , mine come in by the front door and go into my kitchen cupboards so I put it under the front door mat, there very annoying. X

It's a small world
28-04-2013, 06:03 PM
I use a mixture of herbs and spices and it works a delight, the strong smell drives them mad and out of the house.

Cinamon
Nutmeg
cloves
bay leaves
mint from the garden torn leaves anything strong smelling.

And most off all keep all foods and waste covered and sealed and the crumbs off the surface or floor hard with kids I know but thats what they are after.

we had them in our kitchen and cupboards and I didnt want to use poison there. I read that strong smells put them off their homing sense and they hate it, so I keep a dusting of herbs in the corner of my cupboards and every now and again sprinkle essential oils about. Not seen an ant for ages. I hate the little things.

We found a couple of nests is the garden, pour boiling water on it, bye bye nests.

Trying nutmeg also got chilli powder that is quite strong - till i can get some cinnamon xx fingers crossed xx

Optimalstar
28-04-2013, 07:12 PM
Cinnamon is my favourite spice to the point we have cinnamon pie with apple not the other way around ;) I'm never without it. Think I've two jars right now. Sorry can't help with the ants. X

shortstuff
29-04-2013, 05:06 AM
I just use flour as apparently they hate getting stuff like that on their feet. They arent allowed to take it back in the next. So anything powdery n likely to be sticky when damp. Hth

jackie 7
29-04-2013, 08:39 AM
I use the bait boxes. They are any hotels. They check in and never check out.