PDA

View Full Version : car insurance

childminder54
03-07-2008, 03:34 PM
im thinking going with sheilas wheels are they ok anybody ha any problems as everybody else are more money...

thanks veronicaxx

jmoff
03-07-2008, 05:49 PM
not sure , sorry.they were quite expensive.

have a look at this thread...about business car insurance

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=416&highlight=car+insurance

Jana

sarah707
03-07-2008, 06:04 PM
They gave me a high quote and didn't seem clear on the childminding bit ...

Sorry, can't comment otherwise ... hope you get sorted soon! :D

mumtodaniel
03-07-2008, 06:36 PM
I signed up with Sheila's wheels recently as got good reviews on here. I found them the cheapest when I rang around. I have business insurance with them which covers all business. Obviously, I have no idea if any good when coming to claim, but looks good on paper.

Maureen

childminder54
03-07-2008, 11:30 PM
swiftcover wanted £306 sheilas wheels £211 morton michel £265 other car insurance more money.

veronicaxx

tortoise
04-07-2008, 09:48 AM
I recently changed to Shelias wheels as they were about £150 cheaper than my renewal quote, I did make sure that they know I childmind and that it is written on my certificate. :)

ajs
04-07-2008, 10:03 AM
i am insured with layton blackham the insureres who advertise in the ncma mag they were by far the cheapest for me (renault espace) and give minders all sorts of benefits like replacing all car seats in the event of an accident.
as they are spefically childminders insurers i didn't ned to do all of the explaining either

helenlc
05-07-2008, 11:57 AM
I got my car insurance through Morton Michel, same as my public liability.

It was only a few pounds difference to the cheapest quote I had got, which was the Post Office. It is business use and states specifically that its for childminding, or child care I think.

childminder54
06-07-2008, 03:35 PM
I got my car insurance through Morton Michel, same as my public liability.

It was only a few pounds difference to the cheapest quote I had got, which was the Post Office. It is business use and states specifically that its for childminding, or child care I think.
they were 54pounds dearer than shelias wheels thanks veronicaxxx