PDA

View Full Version : Inspiration please

Greengrass74
27-04-2013, 08:33 PM
We have spent the last couple of weekends changing the garden, and am looking for some ideas as to what to put in it. As the pics show we have put in a sand pit, 2 planters which will have veggies and herbs, and the front will be planted with sensory plants such as lavender and ferns etc. I am aslo putting in a decked area for water play with drain pipes on the walls.

So any other ideas please

cathtee
27-04-2013, 09:37 PM
A hot tub:)

how about a black board on the wall:thumbsup:

Kevin1964
28-04-2013, 01:27 PM
mud area for mud pies ect

greanan
28-04-2013, 01:36 PM
I picked up some tyres yesterday for the mindees to use as they wish in the garden

blue bear
28-04-2013, 03:09 PM
How about a reading corner, you could use mats or even logs to sit on.
Den making materials? Clothes airer, material, pegs, pillows that sort of thing
Some natural materials in pots for sorting, transporting, role play etc.

phoenix2010
28-04-2013, 03:25 PM
Im currently creating a free construction area

cardboard tubes , small bricks , crates , tyres , plant pots for stacking etc

also putting up a washing line and threading balls onto it (those plastic ones with holes in) to create a giant abacus

wind chimes , light catchers

I also want a frame for hanging various things from , pots , pans , wooden spoons , etc for music

I get most of my ideas from pinterest

hectors house
28-04-2013, 04:20 PM
Just be careful having gravel close to your lawn - I got so fed up telling kids not to put gravel on grass as when my hubby has mowed it, the mower has spun gravel at a million miles an hour an chipped the glass in kitchen window, that I have now moved my gravel path elsewhere in the garden. They love digging it, driving vehicles in it, using it in mud kitchen creations and no one tells them off if they scatter it about a bit.

I have been collecting tree stumps each time I find one that I can carry and have added a small light weight plank so children can either use them as stepping stones or use the plank to make a balance beam or a bench.

Would love to see your water wall when you have done it.

Greengrass74
28-04-2013, 06:31 PM
Thanks guys some great ideas, I love the idea of a reading corner and black boards on the wall, we have some mirrors to go up as well as lots of hanging stuff. I will post more pics when finished.

MessybutHappy
28-04-2013, 08:24 PM
I need a Dave!! My oh shouldn't know where to begin if I asked him to hang a washing line! Neither would I, but I do feel a man should know!!!

However, with his lack of skills, we've had a hopscotch area drawn in chalk which was a huge success...if not very permanent!!!

watgem
28-04-2013, 09:35 PM
I need a Dave too lol:thumbsup:

georgeypie07
28-04-2013, 10:53 PM
ive just been given by a friends husband (whos a farmer) an old tractor tyre. the children absalutley LOVE it, they all love to sit on it, have conversations on it, make up role play, climb on it and just use it everytime we are outside!! we are all going to paint it funky colours once the weather warms up!!