PDA

View Full Version : Summary of "Working together to Safeguard children, 2013"

cherry
27-04-2013, 04:42 PM
I thought some of you might find this useful

A summary of "Working together to safeguard children" (2013) | NSPCC (http://www.nspcc.org.uk/inform/research/briefings/Working_together_2013_wda95001.html#summary)

sarah707
27-04-2013, 04:57 PM
yes that will be helpful thank you! :D

Rosy Days
27-04-2013, 05:00 PM
That's great, thanks x

christine e
27-04-2013, 05:01 PM
Thank you - very useful :thumbsup:

MessybutHappy
27-04-2013, 06:03 PM
Ooh, thank you, that was on my reading list, this will save me making notes too!

Sarsar3NCH
27-04-2013, 07:12 PM
Thank you, that helps a lot

blue bear
28-04-2013, 09:35 AM
Thank you .

marie55
28-04-2013, 09:41 AM
That's a great help thank you. Will put that with document front cover in Safeguarding file :)

green puppy
28-04-2013, 10:05 AM
Thank you, certainly useful!:)

halor
28-04-2013, 10:29 AM
EEK I don't have a safeguarding folder :panic:. What do you have in it?

cherry
28-04-2013, 02:52 PM
I put in anything to do with Safeguarding, such as the front page of the new Safeguarding guide, my local Safeguarding Childrens Board phone numbers (they also send out newsletters which I keep) and any print outs of Bullying, Abuse etc. I found these on the NSPCC web site, they also email me whenever anything new happens to do with safeguarding.

Also a copy of my Safeguarding policy.

I expect I do to much but the inspector was happy with it

marie55
28-04-2013, 03:40 PM
Thank you, certainly useful!:)

Just built mine up over the years and add to it as and when so I know where all safeguarding and health and safety policies, literature and advice is . Keeps the Ofsted inspector occupied too on the day :laughing:

e.g. content: Hope this helps

Mine and family CRB checks

Local Safeguarding board’s recognition and referral handbook and LADO contacts

Policies, forms and procedures: e.g. Safeguarding policy, Mobile phone/camera/video policy, Managing allegations, Flow chart for referrals, Whistle-blowing (Raising concerns) Behaviour policy, Physical handling and intervention policy and record sheet, Intimate/personal care policy, Emergency/standby backup childminder, Accident procedure, Outings policy, Missing child and uncollected child procedures etc

Parental responsibility forms and explanation letter

Concerns and complaints procedure and record forms

Certificates e.g : ICO, First aid, Safeguarding Group 3 Safeguarding and group 5 Designated professional lead.

Factsheets: e.g. How to help a person reporting Domestic abuse (with local contact numbers) Guide for parents of children who have been sexually abused and how to help (Kidscape etc) NSPCC etc information, advice and legislation Cot death information (SIDS) Training information and handouts
Ofsted updates and factsheets,

At the back of my file I have copies of Health and safety policies and advice - blank permission forms for parents/carers

marie55
28-04-2013, 03:47 PM
sorry green puppy I replied to yours instead of Halor's post :blush:

flump159
28-04-2013, 04:37 PM
thankyou ill print it now

halor
28-04-2013, 04:53 PM
Just built mine up over the years and add to it as and when so I know where all safeguarding and health and safety policies, literature and advice is . Keeps the Ofsted inspector occupied too on the day :laughing:

e.g. content: Hope this helps

Mine and family CRB checks

Local Safeguarding board’s recognition and referral handbook and LADO contacts

Policies, forms and procedures: e.g. Safeguarding policy, Mobile phone/camera/video policy, Managing allegations, Flow chart for referrals, Whistle-blowing (Raising concerns) Behaviour policy, Physical handling and intervention policy and record sheet, Intimate/personal care policy, Emergency/standby backup childminder, Accident procedure, Outings policy, Missing child and uncollected child procedures etc

Parental responsibility forms and explanation letter

Concerns and complaints procedure and record forms

Certificates e.g : ICO, First aid, Safeguarding Group 3 Safeguarding and group 5 Designated professional lead.

Factsheets: e.g. How to help a person reporting Domestic abuse (with local contact numbers) Guide for parents of children who have been sexually abused and how to help (Kidscape etc) NSPCC etc information, advice and legislation Cot death information (SIDS) Training information and handouts
Ofsted updates and factsheets,

At the back of my file I have copies of Health and safety policies and advice - blank permission forms for parents/carers

Great! Thanks :-)

Kirstylob
29-04-2013, 12:59 PM
Thanks for the summary. That has definitely cut down in the time I need to spend reading the document.