PDA

View Full Version : Accounts

It's a small world
27-04-2013, 02:21 PM
Hi

Just finalizing my accounts . I work 46 hours a week . Is 33% i can claim for a month or the year for heating etc ? This one confused me .

Also what % of tv / sky does everyone claim ? How do you work it out ? - obviously it is not on all day but disney films come in handy during rainy holidays :-)

if i claim just for mileage on my car can i claim breakdown cover -AA / RAC

Also on the list that cm can claim alot of them just say % what is the % i can claim.

Never earned as much before so need to make sure i claim everything i am entitled to also i didn't think i could claim for some of these things and been told recently that i can x

Any advice appreciated xx

shortstuff
27-04-2013, 03:31 PM
hi,

Its 33% of gas and electricity and 10% of council tax and water.

I dont claim for sky/virgin as I dont use it.

Not sure about breakdown cover as its provided free through my bank account.

Im sorry i havent answered all of your questions but its a start at least.

It's a small world
27-04-2013, 03:34 PM
hi,

Its 33% of gas and electricity and 10% of council tax and water.

I dont claim for sky/virgin as I dont use it.

Not sure about breakdown cover as its provided free through my bank account.

Im sorry i havent answered all of your questions but its a start at least.

Thanks but is that % for a month or year ? X

funemnx
27-04-2013, 03:35 PM
There is information in the free resources at the top of the page which should help :thumbsup:

shortstuff
27-04-2013, 03:36 PM
Thanks but is that % for a month or year ? X

surely it will work out the same either way? I use a web based software system, all I do is input the monthly amount of my dd and it works out the percentage for me.

Most of it will depend on how you are completing your books i would have thought

It's a small world
27-04-2013, 04:35 PM
Having a dizzy moment .

Anybody know what about sky, breakdown cover etc ?

Chatterbox Childcare
28-04-2013, 11:45 AM
Hi

Just finalizing my accounts . I work 46 hours a week . Is 33% i can claim for a month or the year for heating etc ? This one confused me .

take the % of your yearly amount paid

Also what % of tv / sky does everyone claim ? How do you work it out ? - obviously it is not on all day but disney films come in handy during rainy holidays :-)

I don't have small children myself so I claim 100% of the extra channels I get for the, disney etc. It is my understanding that if your own children watch the channel you cannot claim

if i claim just for mileage on my car can i claim breakdown cover -AA / RAC

I feel that it is a requirements and yes you could claim but am not 100% sure. Have a look on the HMRC website as I am sure it will be listed there

Also on the list that cm can claim alot of them just say % what is the % i can claim.

You need to look at the business percentage of what you are using. for example if you brought toys and your own children use them, in theory it would be split maybe 50/50. All down to your own justification

Never earned as much before so need to make sure i claim everything i am entitled to also i didn't think i could claim for some of these things and been told recently that i can x

Any advice appreciated xx

It gets easier the more you do but if you feel you need help, contact Business Link and they will come out to you and go through everything in your home.

It's a small world
28-04-2013, 04:31 PM
Thank you everyone that has helped xx

hectors house
28-04-2013, 07:44 PM
I put through 25% of my Sky bill for internet/TV/phone - don't know if I am allowed, but I do anyway

I was told I couldn't claim for breakdown insurance as all car expenses (apart from occasional valeting) are included in your 45p per mile allowance. If you do your mileage & car expenses the depreciation method then I would think you could claim for breakdown insurance.