PDA

View Full Version : What an inspection day?

jessie1
03-07-2008, 03:29 PM
On Tuesday I had my sexy Firemen turn up to do my fire inspection check. Just after I had my finger almost cut due to broken glass in plastic bag. I was therefore really ****** when they turned up. They were very nice and helped me with my Fire Escape Plan and also removed my one smoke alarm and installed an additional one downstairs as I only had one on the 2 top floors. We got chatting and one the younger of the two actually lived right behind me and I even commented "Are u the guy always doing the washing" poor bloke I didnt mean it like that as he went all red in the face, but he is always hanging up washing as I even commented one day to my husband why cant u do the washing like our neighbour. I then explained that I am in the slow process of registering to be a childminder, the older one got all excited and said that they are looking desperately for a childminder for 2 boys 1year and 3 year old. He said his wife wants to go back to work but cant as no childminders available in our area. Only little prob there might be its for September and I have contracted to work from home for my company until December.

karenjoy
03-07-2008, 05:12 PM
WOW

They dont do fire checks around here anymore, unless ofsted requeest it.

I wasnted some fireman!!! :mad:

sarah707
03-07-2008, 06:08 PM
Can you double job?? :D

brillminder
03-07-2008, 06:55 PM
sounds promissing :) hope it works out

Annie_T
03-07-2008, 07:23 PM
hehe i like sexy firemen tho firemen ingeneral dont do anyhting for me lol

oh bless him.. oh thtas good but bad ... hmm what is your current job doing? .. could you not mix them? x

Donkey
04-07-2008, 08:32 AM
my firemen were great too.

my friend was here and her eyes did not stray from the bums up ladders hehehehe

I told them about my fire plan and that I wanted to be a childminder. they installed me a smoke alarm at the top and bottom of my stairs and in my living room.

nice :) :thumbsup:

seeing as we got on so well, if I end up with a few closer to the 5 range I might invite them over to talk about the dangers of matches when we do our 'people who help us' theme :)

sue m
04-07-2008, 09:20 AM
Do we have to have sexy firemen round to the house then. I mean firemen??!! I've not been told about this. Actualy, a fireman lived in my house a few years ago and he's 6' 7" tall and very nice looking. But just married for the 2nd time. He used to do my garden for me till my man moved in not long ago. I wonder why no-one mentioned the food hygience course or needing to have firemen round to me. I didn't have to do it in 1987 when I started either but it's a LOT different now! :panic:

miffy
04-07-2008, 09:25 AM
Hope it works out for you

Miffy xx

SonnysMummy
05-07-2008, 05:23 PM
I've had them round too...it was great!!!:D A couple were VERY sexy!!! I was abit embarrased though because they come in the fire engine and i was thinking all the neighbours would think i had a fire!!! They installed some new smoke alarms, told me not to use adaptors and checked my escape plan:)

aly
05-07-2008, 06:32 PM
Could you send them to me please :blush:

rachel1
05-07-2008, 08:14 PM
Hee-hee, This post made me giggle.
My partners a fireman - i certainly wont be showing him this post - his head is big enough as it is. lol.

Just thought i would however, that the firefighters are always willing to do visits and install alarms etc and even come round to have a chat with the children.
I am not yet registered but Adam had suggested when i am he will arrange for the lads to come round so the children (iv got 2 boys due to start oct - if im ready) can have a look around the fire engine etc. When he spoke to them they was all more than happy to do this.
If anyone does want to do it - just call them at the station and have a word im sure other brigades would be the same. :thumbsup:

jessie1
05-07-2008, 11:30 PM
We are at home or around the house most of the time and its nice seeing some sexy firemen around the house. My hubby if i mist say is very sexy and 6"3 tall and i dont look somewhere else, lol but im sure if one can have someone in uniform i would not have said no......

i just read on the previous posts that if u can its a good idea to have them come around to make 100% sure ur escape plan is right and your smoke alarms and i received very good tips as well

Pedagog
06-07-2008, 08:23 PM
As Hubby is a fireman, sorry firefighter is the politically correct term now, we often have a house or garden full of fireman eating bacon butties.