PDA

View Full Version : Advertising problems

littleDs31
26-04-2013, 01:28 PM
I have asked the local library, gp surgery and health visitors if I can put advertisement card on their notice boards and all said no they can't advertise???? Is anyone else having this problem?

JCrakers
26-04-2013, 01:40 PM
Yes , same in my town I'm afraid.

Mrs Pootle
26-04-2013, 03:20 PM
It can be difficult getting a card put up on a notice board or in a shop window. Have you tried contacting local playgroups, mums & toddlers etc and volunteering, that way prospective parents get to see you and find out about you in an informal way. I have usually found this generates a good deal of business. Word of mouth is a great way to advertise.

Tazmin68
26-04-2013, 04:11 PM
If you have a school that you are going to feed into see if you can out a card on notice board at school or put your details in school news letter. Our one is quite happy to do things like that but I know some do not. Because we all know each other at our school we also print off about 30 small flyers with our details on and give them into school for when the new reception children and parents meet their teachers in June.

sprinkles
26-04-2013, 05:55 PM
My local library doesn't have anywhere to advertise but they are happy to keep one of my flyers for details if a parent asks.

Haven't heard back from the local schools yet.

Petshrinklj
27-04-2013, 08:32 AM
The PTA at my sons school does a newsletter than has advertising space on the back it's full of childminders lol. Maybe you could ask at the schools you would be happy to do school run for and see if they do something similar.

Kevin1964
27-04-2013, 09:53 AM
I have asked the local library, gp surgery and health visitors if I can put advertisement card on their notice boards and all said no they can't advertise???? Is anyone else having this problem?

Hi you can not advertise In these places. They do not allow any type of advisement the reason I was given was why should they put one company above another. If they allowed child minder then they have to allow others.