PDA

View Full Version : I didnt go nursery yesterday.... I went on a play date...

step11
26-04-2013, 11:36 AM
So my 4 1/2 yr old mindee comes in and tells me she didn't go nursery (in a school) yesterday because she went on a play date... I questioned her and she assured me she wasn't lying. So this morning I asked the teacher who confirmed she hadn't gone in.

Hmm very weird as mum should know better working for social services. It's not the first time she has told me this.

Can anyone advice on what should I do! Or should I just put it down to a one off?

Thanks

FussyElmo
26-04-2013, 11:39 AM
Advice on what children don't legally have to be in school till the term after their 5th birthday. So shes not done anything wrong.

perhaps the playdate was with someone who she hadn't seen for ages and it was the only chance they had to see her. Or maybe she was a bit unwell and mum thought she would be better off with a friend :thumbsup:

mama2three
26-04-2013, 11:39 AM
Nothing at all - she doesnt 'need' to be in school until reception class , not nursery.
even then theres not much we can do , the childs attendance will be down to the school to monitor.
i have siblings who are dreadful in terms of attendance. I can only try and support / encourage mum but am fighting a losing battle , as are school tbh.

Twinkling Stars
26-04-2013, 11:40 AM
Children don't have to legally attend nursery. So although she is missing out when she doesn't go mum is doing nothing wrong.

dawn100
26-04-2013, 11:43 AM
Nusery is not compulsory even if its in a school, so not quite sure what you think you might have to do?

step11
26-04-2013, 11:51 AM
Ok thanks for info I wasn't aware of that. You learn something new every day.

greanan
26-04-2013, 12:04 PM
A sibling of one of mindees sometimes doesn't go to nursery. He sleeps late in mornings so mum will leave him sleeping instead of waking him up. I don't see a problem with them missing the odd day to catch up on sleep

Maza
26-04-2013, 12:43 PM
Don't worry about it! Look at the overall picture. Playdates are good for kids and maybe it was something mum couldn't arrange at any other time. As long as attendance overall is good. x

Petshrinklj
26-04-2013, 12:46 PM
I wouldn't worry about it. Like the others said the child doesn't have to be in nursery.

winstonian
26-04-2013, 05:23 PM
One of my little ones didnt go to nursery yesterday as our local toddler group were doing a day out so mum said I could keep him all day and take him along :) She wrote to nursery to let them know and we had a lovely time.