PDA

View Full Version : Acknowledging a termination letter

nipper
25-04-2013, 09:43 PM
My mind has gone blank...

How do I thank parents for their letter notifying me of their decision to 'remove' child from my care. I think the word remove is too harsh.

Dear xxx,
Thank you for your letter notifying me of your intention to 'remove' xxx from my care from (date).
I have thoroughly enjoyed looking after her and thank you for allowing me to be a part of her life (is this too mushy?)
I wish you all the very best for the future.
Kind regards,

Do I need to remind them to pay their final bill in this letter? I have already sent them a preview of the final invoice less the deposit already paid, so they will have an idea of what is owing.

:huh:

george
26-04-2013, 06:08 AM
I would write:
Dear .......
I am writing to acknowledge your letter providing me with four weeks notice for the care of .....
His/her last day with me will be ......
I hope he/she will continue to be happy in whereever he/she goes, I will definitely miss him/her.
As previous invoice (also including dates ....... if u need to add this) your outstanding fees due before .... are :
On his/her last day i will provide you with his/her folder/photos etc..
I wish you all the best for the future,

Hope this helps?

hectors house
26-04-2013, 06:54 AM
I would write:
Dear .......
I am writing to acknowledge your letter providing me with four weeks notice for the care of .....
His/her last day with me will be ......
I hope he/she will continue to be happy in whereever he/she goes, I will definitely miss him/her.
As previous invoice (also including dates ....... if u need to add this) your outstanding fees due before .... are :
On his/her last day i will provide you with his/her folder/photos etc..
I wish you all the best for the future,

Hope this helps?

This is a great mix of professional (yes you need to pay up to date) and caring (hope happy and will miss X).:)

nipper
26-04-2013, 12:24 PM
Perfect, thank you!

george
26-04-2013, 08:11 PM
No problem, glad to help anytime :)