PDA

View Full Version : Raised flower beds.

It's a small world
25-04-2013, 05:28 PM
Hi

Does anyone have raised fower beds in their garden ? Would you mind telling me what wood you used and was it expensive?

Redoing my garden and putting raised flower beds in, not got a huge amount of money but do not have a huge garden either xx

adele1985
25-04-2013, 05:48 PM
Hi hun we got our garden done last year ( no more grass :) )
My partner made our raised beds from decking boards not very good with measurements but is say they are a ft long and maybee 2 ft high ish lol
I think it cost us around 150 to make all three

Ill try and add pics but not sure if it will work as I'm on my Iphone

LauraS
25-04-2013, 07:09 PM
These are ours. We have five beds which are 25cm tall each and 1.2m square, so low enough for the littlies. We waited for a sale in b&q on deckboards - they were 2.49 each one weekend :o

Cost:
Boards - £50
'Corners' (for fixing boards to - we used deck joists) - £16
Deck screws £7

Then gravel, 30 bags from Wickes - £39

Still look as good as new 12 months on :). The kids had a mud kitchen in one over the winter, and one with sensory stuff like herbs and they sit on the edges like benches lol. They have peas, sweetcorn, carrots, aubergines, tomatoes, parsnips, carrots, onions and sunflowers in now :)

It's a small world
25-04-2013, 07:21 PM
Oh thank you both this gives me some ideas and off to B an Q for a nosey .. Will post som pics when it is done. Just need to persuade hubby , but saying that if he doesn't help I will just do it myself lol :laughing:

watgem
25-04-2013, 07:47 PM
love these thank you for sharing:) I will have to twist somebdy's arm now :)

Petshrinklj
25-04-2013, 07:56 PM
Those look great.

Houlgated
25-04-2013, 08:53 PM
I've been meaning to put a raised bed in since last summer but then DH put his back out so we never got around to it. I'm planning on doing one to grow some veggies in which the kids can help with. I've seen one in our local garden centre which is currently half price, it's 1mx1m and is £29.99, they do liners to fit it for £5.99 and a frame/cover for £20 (i think). This is the garden centre chain The Garden Centre Group (http://www.thegardencentregroup.co.uk/)

miffy
25-04-2013, 09:36 PM
Those look great. Might have to waft the photos under hubby's nose and see if he will make me some - mind ill probably still be waiting for them in ten years time!

Miffy xx