PDA

View Full Version : some people have no shame!

Memina
25-04-2013, 05:20 PM
So I need to renew my safeguarding and mentioned to two other cm's at group that id found an online one and could pass on the link if they needed.

Yes they reply but could I fill it out for them?!?!?!? WHAT NO WAY was my response. Well we already know about safeguarding.

Yeah right!!! One lost her own son in the woods last year and the other has just had a mindee rushed to hospital due to really bad sun burn!

Some people!

supermumy
25-04-2013, 05:29 PM
I personally think things like safeguarding should be done in a class room and not allowed on a pc just for this reason
Good for you for saying no :)

shortstuff
25-04-2013, 05:32 PM
Omg well done for saying no, you did the right thing, they obviously need to update their training.

sarah707
25-04-2013, 05:32 PM
Don't forget to make sure your course is Local Authority approved - that's the latest requirement in the EYFS :D

bunyip
25-04-2013, 07:27 PM
So I need to renew my safeguarding and mentioned to two other cm's at group that id found an online one and could pass on the link if they needed.

Yes they reply but could I fill it out for them?!?!?!? WHAT NO WAY was my response. Well we already know about safeguarding.

Yeah right!!! One lost her own son in the woods last year and the other has just had a mindee rushed to hospital due to really bad sun burn!

Some people!

That's shameful, but not a surprise.

My local CM group tried to get us all to sign a 'code of conduct'. One of the numerous ridiculous points we were meant to agree to was to share all our training whenever we go on a course. I flatly refused, cos I know many of them will happily let me give up my earnings and/or free time to attend courses, whilst they sit back and sponge all the learning from me. :mad:

FussyElmo
25-04-2013, 07:38 PM
That's shameful, but not a surprise.

My local CM group tried to get us all to sign a 'code of conduct'. One of the numerous ridiculous points we were meant to agree to was to share all our training whenever we go on a course. I flatly refused, cos I know many of them will happily let me give up my earnings and/or free time to attend courses, whilst they sit back and sponge all the learning from me. :mad:

Now now Bunyip why didn't you sign. You meanie :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Petshrinklj
25-04-2013, 07:58 PM
Wow can't believe they had nerve to ask you to do it for them. That's shocking.

hectors house
25-04-2013, 07:58 PM
Like Sarah says make sure the training is approved by YOUR local authority - I know several people who did an on-line course through the NCMA and have been told it isn't recognised by the LA or Ofsted!

Memina
25-04-2013, 08:05 PM
How can I check if its approved?

I'm 33 weeks pregnant currently doing my Level 3 and have first aid on 11th & 18th May so was trying to avoid another workshop.

Thanks

M

blue bear
25-04-2013, 08:48 PM
Give the early years at your local authority a ring to check if it's approved or do your have a development worker you can ring for advice.
Our la have just changed the requirements and childminders. NOw need a level three which can only be done in a classroom style environment and not online.

lizann
25-04-2013, 08:58 PM
I did my safeguarding on line ncma it was recomended by the ofsted inspector that came to mine I checked with my do and she said yes it was ok different areas different ideas ........