PDA

View Full Version : Outdoor nature activities

busybee81
25-04-2013, 01:08 PM
I am planning to have a day out next week at a local kind of woodland/park nearby to me it's great I am trying to think of some outdoor activities that I can do while I'm there I av a 14 month old and a nearly 3 year old and the help of my hubby to be. Ideas please, Thankyou. :)

supermumy
25-04-2013, 01:31 PM
Print sheets to tick when they've seen bugs or insects

Different leafs

Look in logs etc

Picnic with a teddy

Hide and sneak

mama2three
25-04-2013, 04:00 PM
Just go with the flow and let them run , play , explore...
Some things my lot have decided to do in the forest lately ...den building , using sticks to markmake , balancing and climbing , nature spotting , going on a gruffalo hunt , natural art , listening walk , bug hunt , burying treasure ( stones , pinecones) , looking for buried treasure! , hiding in a tree which became a spaceship and zooming off into space ( and spent the whole afternoon as aliens!)
This was a nice session...took some wool with us and the put 'treasures' they found into it to decorate....

RuthJ
25-04-2013, 04:58 PM
For younger ones, a colour walk is always fun. Make a small 'book' of different coloured card and see how many of the colours you can spot on your walk.

busybee81
08-05-2013, 08:34 PM
Thanks for all your great ideas

hectors house
08-05-2013, 08:50 PM
Have a look at nature detectives (http://www.naturedetectives.org.uk/)

And don't forget to spend some time just "listening" to see what everyone can hear.

blue bear
08-05-2013, 09:07 PM
Get an empty cd box put double sided sticky tale inside and let little ones fill with all the things they find. Looks very pretty stuck up on the fence and can be refilled when the contents die.