PDA

View Full Version : Numbers confusion

25-04-2013, 07:17 AM
I will try to make this simple lol.......I already had 4 under 5 with the necessary paperwork etc completed. I then had a LOs mum change her shifts from afternoons to mornings which meant on one morning in the week I would have 5 under 5. Again risk assessments etc completed. I was out and about yesterday with my 5 under 5 and bumped into another CM who I don't really know that well. She gave me a funny look and I could swear she was mentally counting how many kids I had. It made me panic that I had read the new EYFS wrong.......I read it that for continuity of care, it was ok to have 5 under 5?!?!?!

Now panicking that I am breaking the rules with Ofsted :(. Can someone please clarify? Xxx

muffins
25-04-2013, 10:46 AM
No you are correct, I do the same but only for 1.5hrs on one afternoon. I did prefer the variation process before though as at least if anyone did complain to ofsted they could see the paperwork in front of them, I like you do worry about what people think and if anyone will call ofsted about it, even thought I know I'm in the right!:panic:

The Juggler
25-04-2013, 10:47 AM
in theory, with the new variation rules you could have 6 - you'd have to be bonkers like but you are allowed to do it -as long as you follow the exceptional circumstances rule and continuity of care.