PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetical questions on mindee numbers

adedwards68
25-04-2013, 06:19 AM
I've been approached by 2 sets of parents

Child 1 5 afternoons a week
Child 2 2 mornings and 2 full days and child 2 older sibling to be picked up from nursery 2 days at lunchtime and 2 days at 6 pm
I'm not too worried about about 6 pm pickups but the lunchtime ones i would only have her for about 1/2 hour
If I wanted to take on another full time child would I be able to go over my numbers for that 1/2 hours or would there be another way around it
Help please

Tazmin68
25-04-2013, 06:35 AM
The way I read it is that on 1 or 2 afternoons you could be over your numbers so you could not do this anyway let alone take on another child. Registration is 3 children in the under 5s and you have 4.

If they do not overlap you would not be able yo take on more children as you can only do a variation or 4 children when the reason is for continuity I know some minders have done so but it is then down to individual inspectors interpretation of the eyfs and I would not be happy with an inspection down graded due to such a grey area.

Koala
25-04-2013, 06:44 AM
Theoretically NO,

However as this is at this point hypothetical, its a matter of timing/ start dates.

If you had a full timer first then had:
child 1 for 5 afternoons
Child 2 2 full days and 2 mornings you would be able to have the sibling join on continuity of care (Sibling)

Which in essence is the same care and provides you with an ability to make a living but because of bureaucracy and red tape (some no idea jobsworth sat behind a desk) you would be unable to take on a full timer if you had child 1 and child 2 with sibling first.

However the no idea jobsworth sat behind a desk would be happy if you had child 1 and child 2 and sibling, you had a full timer starting as the child 2 sibling no longer needed you therefore providing a space but then child 2 sibling needed to come back - that would be ok - continuity of care (sibling).

Same outcome - one way - yes :thumbsup: the other way no :censored:.

:panic: :panic: :panic: The world is crackers :panic: :panic: :panic: