PDA

View Full Version : Still have t heard...

step11
24-04-2013, 07:41 PM
Just having a moan!! really frustrating.. had a parent come Round a month ago and she seemed keen and kept on contact. Iv seen her once at stay and play and she said she is waiting for work to come back to her but I don't believe her. I had another parent come round a week ago and she said she would contact me last week Friday but in still here waiting.

I just wish these parents would just be honest and have the decency to text, call or email to day sorry but no thanks!

I'm just having a bad day! Buggy wheel had a puncture so couldn't do what I wanted. And to top it off both Los are teething so they are clingy!
Then my parents decided to stay till 6:40 chatting away.

And breathe.... Now enjoying a glass and master chef.

winstonian
24-04-2013, 08:03 PM
It is so annoying and then they come back and are cross that you no longer have a space!
Tomorrows another day xx

sprinkles
24-04-2013, 08:10 PM
I feel for you!! I've had numerous meetings but not yet had any parents sign with me :( I've ended up emailing parents saying I've had another enquiry just to to find out they're not using me after all. I've even had a parent arrange to come sign contract etc and then turn round and say family have offered to do it so they don't need me now!!

I've been keeping a space for one woman due back at work in July but I've had another enquiry so emailed her and said I'd need a deposit and she's now saying she can't commit to anything! I've been holding these spaces (2 of them) since about February with no deposit so I've decided she can faff off! Told her to text me when she knows and I'll see if I can help her! Got this other enquiry coming to see me on Friday and waiting to hear from someone else due back to work in July.

It is really rude, but I think it's something we will have to get used to!!

charlottenash
24-04-2013, 08:25 PM
I started in feb, had a few who came around and I was so nervous because it was my first few and they were all nice as pie but never rang and it stumped my confidence.

Then I came across a lovely lady who was so encouraging telling me I'm the best she has seen and signed up almost immediately with a deposit. It really boosted my confidence and were going through the settling in period now.

The relationship I have with her is incredible and it has boosted my confidence so much. You will all get your parent like this eventually just stick with it and try to be confident. I remember that feeling and it isn't good.

Lots of luck :)

lizann
24-04-2013, 08:32 PM
Have had the same happen to me over the years learnt the hard way now no deposit no place

sprinkles
24-04-2013, 08:40 PM
I started in feb, had a few who came around and I was so nervous because it was my first few and they were all nice as pie but never rang and it stumped my confidence.

Then I came across a lovely lady who was so encouraging telling me I'm the best she has seen and signed up almost immediately with a deposit. It really boosted my confidence and were going through the settling in period now.

The relationship I have with her is incredible and it has boosted my confidence so much. You will all get your parent like this eventually just stick with it and try to be confident. I remember that feeling and it isn't good.

Lots of luck :)

This is exactly how I feel!! I've had about 7 enquiries since February, 3 of which have visited me, the other 4 - 2 chose the local nursery and 2 are still to visit. Only one of them has said they want to use me but they're not willing to pay a deposit as they "can't commit to anything yet" - not sure why - so I've still got all my spaces available!! Starting to think I'm wasting my time, or maybe there's something wrong with me or my home!!

Really frustrating!

rsowter
24-04-2013, 09:09 PM
Ditto sprinkles I'm now feeling a bit disheartened i completed registration last month and just assumed I would be inundated but sadly not the case ive had interest and one visit but no one has signed up :((

Petshrinklj
24-04-2013, 09:14 PM
Oh dear. Hope tomorrow your phone doesn't stopped ringing and you get some signed contracts. Goodluck

step11
24-04-2013, 09:19 PM
Ditto sprinkles I'm now feeling a bit disheartened i completed registration last month and just assumed I would be inundated but sadly not the case ive had interest and one visit but no one has signed up :((

I first register in August last year and didn't get anything till November then again in dec/ jan.

It does make me think also, I do wonder why they don't pick me! Sometimes I want to contact to ask them why! What's wrong with me and what I offer.

Oh well, I guess it's not meant to be yet!

Tazmin68
24-04-2013, 09:21 PM
What we do as a group of minders who feed a particular school is print off a load of flyers as the new reception places are just been notified and give them to school for the reception insert day

bindy
24-04-2013, 09:39 PM
I know its upsetting when parents don't get back in touch. I have stopped waiting for phone calls etc . I sell myself well at the interview and most love my setting always say they would like a space. I take it all with a pinch of salt until they sign on the dotted line. In some cases I actully tell parents to take time, look at others, I say I am not in a rush that I always get phone calls for places etc.. It does work!

rsowter
25-04-2013, 12:33 AM
The flyers are a great idea think ill speak to the school x hopefully ill get someone soon :)

Tazmin68
25-04-2013, 06:13 AM
It's a funny time of year to be registered but with the likes of pre school places will be offered out usually around Whitsun it could be worth getting yourself known at pre school especially if they do only morning or afternoon sessions as you could be needed for rest of day. Our flyers we give to school ready for when parents and the new reception go in for to meet teachers etc. that happens at our school usually mid June.
When I became registered quite some time ago it was beginning of January. It was only because I had a parent separating I had two children before and after school and it was like that for 6 months and yes I had my doubts but it soon picked up.
Debbie

Tazmin68
25-04-2013, 06:30 AM
Plus when I first became registered while I had not children I did still sign in so I died get job seekers allowance which did help plus at the time I had mortgage protection insurance which was still paying out while not working as I became registered after being made redundant so I was not under too much pressure.

rsowter
25-04-2013, 07:20 AM
Thank you I have put flyers up at both pre schools and primary school so fingers crossed x

step11
25-04-2013, 08:50 AM
Problem is most people don't actually know much about childminders and assume we are nannies/ babysitters working from home.

sprinkles
25-04-2013, 08:40 PM
My flyers from vista print have been shipped today so hopefully be here soon!

I really hate waiting, or more people that tell you one thing and don't stick to it - waiting for a parent to get back in touch, she emailed me last night and said she would let me know this morning what hours etc she needs but I've not heard anything. Wouldn't mind if she'd just said today in general, but when they state a time of day and don't stick to it it really annoys me!

rsowter
26-04-2013, 06:50 AM
I've had a parent reply to me so fingers crossed but don't need till June x

sprinkles
26-04-2013, 07:25 AM
I've had a parent reply to me so fingers crossed but don't need till June x

All the enquiries I've had have been for July & August.

Fingers crossed for you.