PDA

View Full Version : A world without play

sarah707
24-04-2013, 05:53 PM
The sign of things to come if Truss and co get their way :(

Resources (http://www.playengland.org.uk/resources/a-world-without-play-literature-review.aspx)

Simona
24-04-2013, 06:13 PM
A quick reference to the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child tells me that under Article 31 we need to :

1. 'Recognize the right of the child to rest and leisure, to engage in play and recreational activities appropriate to the age of the child and to participate freely in cultural life and in the arts'

2. Respect and promote the right of the child to participate fully in cultural and artistic life and shall encourage the provision of appropriate and equal opportunities for cultural, artistic, recreational and leisure activity'

I'd like to see Truss argue with that...I won't and shall recognise that right!

sarah707
24-04-2013, 06:35 PM
You only have to read about Lincsminder's inspection to see the way things are going if we stop fighting and let it happen around us :(

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/ofsted-information-ofsted-inspections/117983-my-worse-inspection-ever.html

caz3007
24-04-2013, 07:15 PM
They are changing things and wanting to encourage parents to return to work and place their children in childcare. Now if I was a parent with a pre school child and was aware of how they are wanting to institionalise small children and the things that are being suggested of things to come, then I would be staying at home with my child to make sure they had a childhood.

I dont have any grandchildren yet and my DD who is in her 20's lives 70 miles from me. Luckily she should be able to stay at home as her partner earns a lot of money, but if she wasnt I would be worried about any grandchildren being in childcare

Simona
24-04-2013, 07:20 PM
No one is going to stop fighting, we have gone too far to give up
I will be back with more news as 'action' is being planned...those on twitter will have heard of 'It's time we took control' which was announced tonight.

winstonian
24-04-2013, 08:07 PM
I am still amazed at the amount of childminders who have no awareness of these changes! How can this be?

Simona
24-04-2013, 08:51 PM
Mmmm 'when ignorance is bliss it is folly to be wise' and not heard about info sharing either!
Maybe they are saving themselves lots of stress and worry unlike the rest of us whose blood has been over boiling?

Ripeberry
24-04-2013, 09:58 PM
Any CMs who don't know what's going on are either very thick or they are lying! I was speaking to a friend who moved to France for a few years when her child was 1yr old. They came back to the UK when their daughter was 7 yrs old.
From the age of 2 yrs they were in regimented 'Ecole Maternelle' and by 6 yrs old the children had 2 hrs of homework each night! They were also sent away on school trips at that age. My own experience was that French parents are not afraid to smack...:(