PDA

View Full Version : Help for a friend

berkschick
03-07-2008, 12:33 PM
My friend is a registered childminder and sadly, her husband has just been made redundant.

He is an estate agent and there is just no work out there for him at the moment.

They have plans to emigrate at the end of the year but the visas etc are still being processed.

They wondered if he could become her registered assistant in the meantime.

Can anyone give me any info on this to pass on? Will she be able to increase her numbers if she has an assistant?

She has thought about him registering in his own right but the next ICP course isnt until October and they need the extra income now.

I would be really grateful for any help.

Pedagog
03-07-2008, 12:54 PM
From what I have read then yes that would not be a problem for him to be her assistant and so raise her numbers etc.

mum2two
03-07-2008, 02:41 PM
That's what my dh is at the moment. Living with her he should already be crb checked etc, so it's just a case of writing to ofsted to ask for an increase.

I actually had to work out my space available, and look in the standards for how much space kids need, and request it.

That was done fairly quickly. He's now just waiting for his own cert to come through, but we can take on work through me.

Kelly x