PDA

View Full Version : just had a parent call back.

cher25
03-07-2008, 12:33 PM
Hi, the couple who came round last night with their 2 sons, have just been on the phone asking if i could do a trial with the children tomorrow morning. Then all going well will sign the contract tomorrow afternoon for them to start Monday. They are calling round tonight to pick up the majority of paperwork, eg. car permission as i will be using the car to take the little 1 to school.
He asked me how much it will cost for the trial, should i charge my normal rate even though it won't be contracted or should i charge a reduced rate just for tomorrow? Im all excited now and didn't expect this call, was just starting to think it wouldn't happen! :)

Cher.xx

miffy
03-07-2008, 12:37 PM
That's good news - well done!

I don't charge for settling in visits as they are for my benefit as much as the children's - but that is just the way I work.

If you are going to charge then I would charge your normal rate - you are doing the job after all

Hope it all works out for you

Miffy xx

aly
03-07-2008, 02:48 PM
a lot of people i know don't charge for the trial/settling in..

good luck, i hope it goes well :thumbsup:

Angela234
03-07-2008, 03:01 PM
I don't charge for up to 4 hours settling in either half day or 2 - 2 hour sessions

Angela

Annie_T
03-07-2008, 03:12 PM
well done hun x

cher25
03-07-2008, 04:04 PM
Thank you all for your advice, don't think i will charge for it at all. Just wasn't sure about it when the dad mentioned it on the phone.

cher

Heaven Scent
03-07-2008, 04:54 PM
I don't charge for it either I don't think many people do either All the nurseries and private schools I worked in did it free also - its a good public relations thing and parents feel they have had something for nothing - well the stingy ones do at least.

Heaven Scent
03-07-2008, 04:55 PM
I don't charge for it either I don't think many people do either All the nurseries and private schools I worked in did it free also - its a good public relations thing and parents feel they have had something for nothing - well the stingy ones do at least. - Good Luck and I hope they sign up.