PDA

View Full Version : Swimming risk assessment

Pudding Girl
03-07-2008, 12:13 PM
What might I have not thought of??:rolleyes:

got the usual things like no running, not going up the deep end, holding hands around the poolside, changing in a cubicle, one to one, constant supervision etc etc

Pedagog
03-07-2008, 12:24 PM
Temperature, especially if using an outside pool.

Slides etc if your pool has them.

Have a look at this one Kingswood swim risk asses (http://www.kingswood.co.uk/documents/risk-assessment/activities/swimming-pool-activities.pdf)

Blackhorse
03-07-2008, 12:58 PM
depending in the age of the kids:
pool is no toilet and not drinking water either
don't eat before you swim
no jumping into the pool

just some thoughts... hope any of it helps

Pudding Girl
03-07-2008, 01:05 PM
Thank you both!

Pedagog
03-07-2008, 01:12 PM
Thats fine.

SonnysMummy
05-07-2008, 05:29 PM
I took my little boy swimming for the first time last week...he's just one:) Anyway, i was with some parents and children from a playgroup we go to sometimes and one of the lifeguards told us that we can't have more than two children each with us. This made me think about when i'm childminding if i want to take them swimming, i won't be able to when i have more than two.

Pudding Girl
06-07-2008, 11:23 AM
At our pool you cna only take 1, which is fine as I would only take one anyway!

We had a lovely time, she has no fear in the water at all, jumping in putting her head under etc, was lovely :)
only tricky thing was getting changed after - i tried to do it under the towel which was hard enough, and told her to close her eyes and put her hands over her face but I caught her peeking, just as my towel slipped a bit :blush: :rolleyes:

Wonder how others get round that bit, it's not as if I can boot her out the cubicle is it?