PDA

View Full Version : Applying to Ofsted/Doing Course to register

LittleAcornsThatcham
24-04-2013, 09:03 AM
I know you need to course to apply to Ofsted, my last session is on May 11th, and my first aid is booked for June, will I be okay to apply on May 1st when it reopens? I'll definitely have finished it before I see them, I remember how long it takes!

Also can someone please remind me what Paperwork and things the per-registration visit will be looking for? I remember they wanted risk assessments, what else so I can make a start on it? And what do they expect to see around the house - my two are older now so of course I'll provide what is needed when its needed but I'm not planning to rush out and buy lots of baby things before I even have enquiries!

Thanks

tulip0803
24-04-2013, 05:30 PM
Sorry I am in Wales and the reg process is different but I will bump up your thread and hopefully someone in England will answer you soon

sing-low
06-05-2013, 10:44 AM
you should be ok to apply to Ofsted (you have to put the date you'll finish the course and do first aid on the application form).

I was given a list of what to do for the pre-reg visit during the course - a pre-registration checklist from ncma (now PACEY). We were given a whole load of papers - some of it relevant, some less so. If this is the case for you, you may find if you look through you'll have the checklist.

I am doing pre-reg paperwork now and this is what I have:
Contracts*
Child record forms*
Permission forms e.g. outings, transporting in vehicle, photos, sun cream etc.
Permission for emergency medical treatment
Accident and incident records* - signatures required and all areas need completing
24 hour medication book*
Attendance register*
Record of who has parental responsibility

Policies:
Behaviour management
Safeguarding children - child protection
Confidentiality
Equal opportunities "inclusion"
Managing children's behaviour (I think this is a typo but including it anyway! :))
sick children
working with parents

Procedures:
Procedure if a child is not collected
Procedure if a child is missing or lost
Emergency plan and procedure
A simple clear Emergency escape plan, and plans to practise this

Lots of the paperwork can be bought from PACEY (I have starred the ones I have from them) and they have sample policies on their website although you have to be a member to access them.
Bromley Childminding Association have loads of policies on their website - but you must read them and change them to reflect your circumstance and practise.

Good luck! Rachel