PDA

View Full Version : whiteboard

JumpingJacks
23-04-2013, 10:08 PM
My whiteboard has arrived today and was wondering apart from the obvious mark making etc etc, what else do you use yours for with the lo's?

Jac x

sarah707
24-04-2013, 05:44 PM
Our older children are playing copying games at the moment - one draws a picture and the other tries to copy it as exactly as possible.

I don't have a whiteboard but they are using the chalk board and really enjoying themselves :D

JumpingJacks
24-04-2013, 05:47 PM
Our older children are playing copying games at the moment - one draws a picture and the other tries to copy it as exactly as possible.

I don't have a whiteboard but they are using the chalk board and really enjoying themselves :D

Thats a good idea for my 4's! Thank you Sarah!

kel1983
24-04-2013, 06:31 PM
we have a whiteboard on our easle in the garden. The older children play schools one pretending to be the teacher. The things that you find written on it when they have gone home :)

JumpingJacks
24-04-2013, 06:39 PM
we have a whiteboard on our easle in the garden. The older children play schools one pretending to be the teacher. The things that you find written on it when they have gone home :)

Lol I can imagine! I only have little ones in the day, and one after school once a week so we are a little bit away from that stage yet.

Will be interesting to see what theu decide to use it for!

Going to put it in our art and craft corner

clareelizabeth1
24-04-2013, 07:05 PM

I always found the child pretending to be teacher was so mean. If it weren't for the fact I knew their teacher and know she was lovely I think I would have complained to the school. They used to get so stressed same if they were pretending to be a mum but really laid back if they were dad.

White boards are also magnetic so you can play magnet games.

JumpingJacks
24-04-2013, 07:43 PM
I always found the child pretending to be teacher was so mean. If it weren't for the fact I knew their teacher and know she was lovely I think I would have complained to the school. They used to get so stressed same if they were pretending to be a mum but really laid back if they were dad.

White boards are also magnetic so you can play magnet games.

Ooh didn't know they were magnetic lol thank you!

Maza
24-04-2013, 07:45 PM
Magnets. You can buy a roll of magnetic tape quite cheeply on amazon. I/we make our own magnets using this - alphabet cards/book characters etc. Mine also play teachers a lot with it. I also write little messages on it for the children. x