PDA

View Full Version : Would you contact them?

sprinkles
23-04-2013, 03:13 PM
Ok, so I have two littlies lined up to start beginning of July although no contract signed yet. Mum is waiting to have meetings at work.

So...I'm still working full time but the company is in the process of being bought over. Have been told today by FC that we will be taking on more things in here (credit control, HR etc) and so he wants us to go on training courses. I really don't want them wasting money sending me on courses when I'll be leaving anyway.

Would you contact said parent and ask if they know when they are needing me to start and get things moving forward to get contract signed so I can let my work know??

kats
23-04-2013, 03:20 PM
Yeah i would contact them ask for a deposit on the place, it gives you a good idea of who is serious!! I usually hurry things along by telling a little white lie, i always say i have someone else interested in the place so if they want it they will need to pay a deposit ,that usually gets things moving :)

sprinkles
23-04-2013, 03:58 PM
Yeah i would contact them ask for a deposit on the place, it gives you a good idea of who is serious!! I usually hurry things along by telling a little white lie, i always say i have someone else interested in the place so if they want it they will need to pay a deposit ,that usually gets things moving :)

Thanks. Think I'm going to send her a wee text and say there's been a few developments this week so if she still wants the places we'll need to get things moving and sort out deposit, contract etc.

sprinkles
23-04-2013, 04:29 PM

Thanks. Think I'm going to send her a wee text and say there's been a few developments this week so if she still wants the places we'll need to get things moving and sort out deposit, contract etc.

sprinkles
23-04-2013, 07:37 PM
Well I text her, she replied saying she can't commit to anything as she hasn't heard what session her eldest is getting at nursery yet. I replied and said if he's coming to me in the holidays they'll have to pay to keep space open anyway and she's now come back and said family will have the eldest when not at nursery! So I'm expected to have youngest all day and then eldest for only half of the day in the holidays while the family have him other half? What the....?

This is all too confusing and stressful for me!!

The Juggler
23-04-2013, 08:48 PM
if you are waiting to give notice on a job in order to start minding then I would wait until you have a family that is totally right for you. You need to do what's best for you and your family. If what this family now want won't be enough for you to start minding, pass on it hon.

I know when I did the same as you, I had contracts signed, deposit in place etc before I EVER thought of handing in my notice. Don't worry about your workplace, a few hundred pounds on training won't make a huge dent in their profits. :thumbsup:

sprinkles
23-04-2013, 09:06 PM
if you are waiting to give notice on a job in order to start minding then I would wait until you have a family that is totally right for you. You need to do what's best for you and your family. If what this family now want won't be enough for you to start minding, pass on it hon.

I know when I did the same as you, I had contracts signed, deposit in place etc before I EVER thought of handing in my notice. Don't worry about your workplace, a few hundred pounds on training won't make a huge dent in their profits. :thumbsup:

Yeah, I've got another set of parents coming for a visit on Friday and it will be technically a full time space but shift working starting in August. They are aware they will have to pay retainer for hours not used each week but they still want to come for a visit so fingers crossed. It will mean I can't take on this other enquiry though as the little one I'm meeting on Friday will only be 7 months when starts.

Unfortunately I can't leave work until I have little ones lined up, as much as I'd love to as I hate it! They don't know I'm a registered childminder (my boss does but she's on maternity at the moment) so it's hard to advertise as such a small town.

Stapleton83
23-04-2013, 09:12 PM
I agree with the Juggler it sounds like they want their cake and eat it you would be better off hanging on and waiting for the right family at the end of the day you won't get paid until you have a child signed up and you are not indispensable at work they wouldn't think twice about doing what is best for you so make sure you do what is right for you.

Sam x

miffy
23-04-2013, 09:25 PM
I always take a full months money as a deposit - I tell parents that I will not hold a place without this and that they will lose it if they don't take up the place. I think this sorts out those parents who are serious about wanting your service. It would be awful if you gave up your job nd then were let down by a family.

Miffy xx

sprinkles
24-04-2013, 07:01 AM
I always take a full months money as a deposit - I tell parents that I will not hold a place without this and that they will lose it if they don't take up the place. I think this sorts out those parents who are serious about wanting your service. It would be awful if you gave up your job nd then were let down by a family.

Miffy xx

Yes, totally agree! I told her I need a deposit and she said she can't commit to anything as she doesn't know which session the eldest is getting at nursery...not that it matters because I'm having her youngest for the full day anyway and the eldest for half day so not sure why she "can't commit" yet.