PDA

View Full Version : Nits ...

tori4
23-04-2013, 12:01 PM
Arrgh - are parents blind ?? We are on our 3rd case same family and I pretty sure it's big sis picking em up and sharing em around . She only comes in holidays n feb hf term my on DS got em for 1st time ever in 8 yrs.

Easter Holidays I saw em again n told mum, now younger brother who comes daily has a head full.

Told mum on Friday she has treated with lotion n that's it ... Told me ghis morning theres no more ..... But I have just spent last 30mins de-bugging . It may not be my place to do so but I'm not having a house full again /:-(

if for no other reason then DH is a blind as a bat so no-one to check and de-bug me ...

How does everyone else get the message across to parents and any tips to keep them off me, my sons and my furniture ?

Arrrgh itching !!! Oh and same LO has chicken pox so itching city here :-(

hectors house
23-04-2013, 12:23 PM
I would get some of those plastic hairnet/hat things that people who work in industrial catering have to wear! Once at my daughter's school nits was so rife that I had to treat my daughter on the day of her birthday party and we considered putting nit combs in the party bags :laughing:

Oh god i'm itching now!

sarah707
23-04-2013, 05:11 PM
I know some childminders who exclude until the children have been treated - I don't because my families are all great at sorting it out quickly - but if they weren't I would consider changing my policy.

Thanks for the itches! :laughing::D

Koala
23-04-2013, 05:17 PM
charge extra for 'house guests' :D

Tazmin68
23-04-2013, 05:55 PM
I look after a child on behalf of ss and family has history of lice and it is because of neglect she attends. If I excluded because of lice she would hardly be here. I bath and comb once a week and use nitty gritty with spray conditioner and for to weeks have been lice free. Been coming since November. If you go on nitty gritty website you can print off a voucher for. Free comb on prescription from gp. I printed it off and gave it to mum. I think things are looking up but mom was threatened with children being taken into care unless bucked her ideas up !!!!!!!!!